Local One-to-One Server Deployment
The Dell™ Unified Server Configurator, enabled by the Lifecycle Controller, incorporates a comprehensive set of systems management features that operate in a pre-OS environment. Embedded directly in 11th-generation Dell PowerEdge™ servers, this next-generation tool does not require media such as CDs or DVDs and offers a simplified, flexible way to perform tasks ranging from firmware updates to OS deployment to diagnostics.
With the Dell Unified Server Configurator, you get:
- Basic device configuration (RAID, network interface card [NIC] and iIntegrated Dell Remote Access Controller [iDRAC]) through simple wizards
- System diagnosis
- OS install by unpacking the drivers for the user-selected OS
- Drivers are embedded for systems with iDRAC Express and Lifecycle Controller.
- Drivers are available on Systems Management Tools and Documentation media for systems with Baseboard Management Controller (BMC).
- Advanced device configuration for NIC and BIOS. (This is available only in systems with iDRAC Express.)
- Update BIOS and firmware and stage updated drivers by directly connecting to relevant updates on support.dell.com. (This is available only in systems with iDRAC Express.)
- Roll back firmware to a last known good state
- Supports seven languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
- Additional enhancements:
- Configure provisioning server for auto discovery of iDRAC
- Report the vFlash (virtual flash) media (solid-state drive [SSD] card) status
- Enable part replacement and configure automatic firmware flash
- Configure BIOS boot order
- Check for compatible BIOS, IDRAC and Lifecycle Controller versions
- Configure self-encryption disk drives