Monitor, manage, configure and deploy Dell PowerEdge servers — all within your vCenter console
|Get OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter|
Experience the rich, unified and comprehensive management of physical and virtual infrastructure with OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter and the advanced management features of Dell PowerEdge servers. By providing unique cluster-level hardware views directly within vCenter, the OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter plug-in enables easy scaling and a streamlined process for applying updates to multiple Dell hosts in a single workflow. In addition, by using our six-step wizard tool, you can automatically and reliably update all servers in a cluster without losing any workload productivity.
Manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console
Increase the efficiency of your IT staff by using a common tool to manage your Dell hardware and your virtual infrastructure. Instead of switching from console to console, complete your task within your most-used virtualization console — VMware vCenter.
Eliminate complexity from the installation or expansion of your virtualized environment.
- Create and apply hardware and hypervisor templates to ensure consistency.
- Maintain profile-based, corporate-approved standards.
- Remove guesswork, whether you're deploying a few servers or hundreds.
Accelerate the time-to-value for your VMware virtualization infrastructure.
- Copy current server configurations to create templates that enable you to quickly reset hardware settings.
- Save configuration settings for ESXi™ with support up through VMware vSphere v6.0.
- Create hardware and hypervisor deployment profiles to provision and deploy PowerEdge servers and software from within vCenter in just a few clicks.
Keep your virtualized hardware infrastructure current with minimal risk.
- Update BIOS and firmware from either a local share or from a Dell repository.
- Stage updates to coincide with the next reboot or other scheduled events.
- Take advantage of a wizard-driven update utility within vCenter.
Get a holistic view of the status of all your Dell chassis and the servers within them including Dell PowerEdge M1000E, FX2 and VRTX
- Discover and report chassis level inventory and health directly from vCenter
- Get chassis level events and alerts in vCenter
- Access chassis warranty information and receive warranty expiration alerts
With OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
The combination of OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter and the embedded management capabilities provided by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware. No other solution providers offer support for VMware-virtualized environments like Dell does.
To further enhance efficient IT operations, our systems management plug-in is available as a virtual appliance, which makes it simple to update online without needing to replace it entirely. That means our OpenManage plug-in is easier for you to deploy, configure and manage.
- Get detailed information from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting — all from within vCenter.
- Discover, inventory and monitor the health and status of Dell M1000e and VRTX chassis through the vSphere web client.
- Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to PowerEdge servers from within vCenter.
- Build hardware and hypervisor profiles, and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE).
- Automate Dell recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts.
- Access your warranty information from the Dell hardware warranty page online.
- Receive proactive renewal alerts from Dell before your warranty expires.
Our approach offers integration directly into the vCenter console. As a result, you can access more information inside vCenter itself — unlike many link-and-launch processes provided by vendors that point to their own proprietary consoles.
For additional information on OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter, please visit Dell TechCenter or contact a Dell expert to bring the advantages of OpenManage systems management and Dell platforms, solutions and services into your data center.