Microsoft Services Provider License Agreement
The Microsoft® Services Provider Licensing Agreement (SPLA) is designed for organizations whose customers access Microsoft server-licensed products or whose software services interact with Microsoft-licensed products, a SPLA enables you to license and use Microsoft products you need for hosting software services and applications flexibly and conveniently.
Business models and services scenarios supported by SPLAs include:
|⋅ Application service providers||⋅ Messaging services providers|
|⋅ ISVs providing hosted applications||⋅ Streaming media providers|
|⋅ Business process outsourcers||⋅ PC rental vendors|
|⋅ Outsourcers providing software licensing||⋅ Internet or Web services providers|
|⋅ Platform infrastructure providers||⋅ Web hosting providers|
How can SPLA help your organization deliver customized services and value to your customers?
- Have the flexibility to deliver services through dedicated or shared hosting environments
- Provide your customers with the most current product versions, and access prior versions, too
- Download products when needed through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) — no need to wait for physical media
- Manage the services and Microsoft use rights for your customers
- Scale customers' software licensing according to their needs quickly
The SPLA Licensing Model Advantage
- No start-up costs, forecasting or volume requirements
- Pay as you go monthly, only for the licenses used during the month
- Annual price protection
- Access to a wide range of Microsoft licensed products
- Academic pricing available for qualified organizations
Depend on Dell's Microsoft Licensing Expertise
- Your Dell software representative can assist you with evaluating your SPLA licensing and support options, and guide you through the SPLA program enrollment.
- Dell is Microsoft-authorized to sell SPLA licenses and manage the monthly billing and reporting process. SPLAs are not available direct from Microsoft.
Contact your Dell account executive to discuss how to select, deploy and manage the best software for your needs.
Want to Learn More?
- Download the Dell and Microsoft Licensing for Services Providers PDF.
- Visit the SPLA Webinar site to view a Webcast overview of SPLA.
- Learn how you can grow your SPLA business at the Dell Microsoft Hosting University
For additional information, talk with your Dell representative or email Dell at spla_us@Dell.com