Citrix XenDesktop 4
Citrix® XenDesktop® helps make virtual desktops a mainstream reality for many corporate employees for the first time ever. Unlike first-generation virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions that were applicable only to a narrow set of users, XenDesktop — with its new FlexCast™ delivery technology — is one of the first products in the industry to support every desktop virtualization model in a single, integrated solution.
This approach helps improve return on investment (ROI), simplify management and extend the benefits of virtualization to every employee in the enterprise. With the full integration of Citrix XenApp™ functionality, customers can deliver on-demand applications as a seamless part of their overall desktop management strategy.
Discover the XenDesktop 4 Trade Up Program!
XenDesktop, the clear choice for virtual desktop management and VDI, has the following advantages:
- Any device, anytime, anywhere — Today’s digital workforce demands the flexibility to work from anywhere at any time using any device they’d like. By using Citrix Receiver™ as a lightweight universal client, XenDesktop users can access their desktop and corporate applications from any PC, Mac, thin client or smartphone. This enables complete workplace flexibility, business continuity and user mobility. Furthermore, VDI solution is no longer confined to a small group of users.
- HDX™ user experience — Deliver a high-definition experience on any device, over any network, with better reliability and higher availability than a traditional PC. With Citrix HDX technology, users get an experience that rivals one with a local PC, even when using multimedia, real-time collaboration, USB peripherals and 3D graphics. XenDesktop uses less bandwidth compared to alternative VDI or virtual desktop solutions. New webcam and voice over IP (VoIP) support, improved audio, 3D graphics support, and branch office wide area network (WAN) optimization ensure that users can get a high-definition user experience, regardless of their location.
- FlexCast delivery — Different types of workers across the enterprise need different types of desktops. XenDesktop can help meet all these requirements in a single solution with Citrix’s FlexCast delivery technology. With FlexCast delivery technology, IT can deliver any type of virtual desktop to any user, on any device. Each desktop is tailored to meet the performance, security and flexibility requirements to provide the best desktop for every user, every time.
- On-demand apps by XenApp — To reduce desktop management costs, XenDesktop offers the full range of Citrix application virtualization technologies. With application virtualization, IT can control data access, manage fewer desktop images, eliminate system conflicts and reduce application regression testing. Adding, updating and removing applications are simple and self-service for users, enabling them to access applications instantly from anywhere, while getting a high-definition user experience.
- Open architecture — XenDesktop works with your existing hypervisor, storage and Microsoft® infrastructures, enabling you to optimize your current investments — while providing the flexibility to add or change alternatives in the future. Whether you use XenServer®, Microsoft Hyper-V™, or VMware® ESX™ or vSphere™, XenDesktop supports them all and simplifies management of networked storage using StorageLink™ technology. XenDesktop will also closely integrate with Microsoft App-V and System Center for application and desktop management.