Microsoft Desktop Applications
Microsoft® Office 2010 provides one of the best productivity experiences across PC, phone and browser for applications that you depend on today and solutions that you expect tomorrow. It helps raise your organization to the challenge of today's business environment without losing sight of what is needed for IT success.
Microsoft Office 2010 means helping your people work in a way that is faster, easier and more intuitive — whether they are on the road, in the office, working solo or as part of a team. For IT, Microsoft Office 2010 provides a security-enhanced environment and smart, easy-to-integrate tools that work with what you have now so that you can grow your business instead of your budget.
The Microsoft Office 2010 product set offers a range of applications that help meet the business and personal needs of large enterprises, small and midsize businesses, at-home users, students and teachers.
Microsoft Office Suites
- Office Home and Student 2010 — This basic suite of programs helps create great-looking documents, spreadsheets and presentations. The suite includes Microsoft® Excel® 2010, Microsoft® OneNote® 2010, Microsoft® Word 2010, Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2010 and Microsoft® Office Web Applications.
- Office Home and Business 2010 — This suite provides the same great experience as the Office Home and Student 2010. The suite includes email and contact management with Microsoft® Outlook® 2010.
- Office Professional 2010 — Best suited for small businesses without a volume license agreement, this suite contains powerful tools that help teams create, manage, analyze and share information. The suite includes Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft OneNote 2010, Microsoft Office Web Applications, Microsoft® Publisher 2010 and Microsoft® Access® 2010.
- Office Standard 2010 – This suite provides a powerful way to do work from more places using PC, phone or Web browser. With updates for Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word, as well as email and contact management with Outlook 2010, Office Standard 2010 keeps your team productive and connected with familiar and intuitive tools. The suite includes Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Outlook 2010, OneNote 2010, Office Web Applications and Publisher 2010.
- Office Professional Plus 2010 — This robust Office Suite contains tools for teams and organizations to find, consolidate and share information. The suite includes Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft OneNote 2010, Microsoft Office Web Applications, Microsoft Publisher 2010, Microsoft Access 2010, Microsoft® InfoPath® 2010, Microsoft® Communicator 2010 and Microsoft® SharePoint® Workspace 2010. In addition, the suite offers advanced integration solutions such as enterprise content management (ECM), electronic forms, and information rights and policy capabilities.
Stand-Alone Office Products
- Microsoft Access — Manage and track information with integrity. Updates include improved expressions and logic, integration with the Business Data Catalog (BDC), and 25 out-of-the-box, easy-to-customize templates for the most common data tracking needs.
- Microsoft Communicator — Using a single identity for all your communication needs (email, instant messaging, voice, conferencing), it’s easier than ever to find the right people, make the right call, share a document and schedule a conference. Communicator 2010 helps streamline communication by enabling you to use its capabilities within other Office applications.
- Microsoft Excel — Analyze growing amounts of data both inside and outside your organization, perform “what if” calculations, and easily show off and communicate your results through rich visualizations in cell trending to reach that “aha” moment every time. From simple lists to the most complex mission-critical financial models, you can easily publish your Excel spreadsheets to the Web, extending the ways you share and collaborate with friends and colleagues while maintaining one accurate version among your team members.
- Microsoft SharePoint Workspace — Formerly Microsoft Office Groove, SharePoint Workspace is client software that expands the boundaries of effective collaboration by offering fast online and offline access to SharePoint content, convenient portability of SharePoint sites onto the user PC, quick automatic synchronization between the PC and SharePoint sites, and local accessibility of SharePoint content through Windows Desktop Search.
- Microsoft InfoPath — Help improve collaboration and decision-making throughout organizations with rich, dynamic forms to gather, share, reuse and manage information. Use the InfoPath Forms Services capabilities in SharePoint Server 2010 to extend business processes beyond the corporate firewall and to deliver forms such as Outlook 2010 email messages, Web browser forms, or forms for mobile devices.
- Microsoft® Live Meeting — For online meetings, training and events, Live Meeting is the effective conferencing service that enables you to collaborate with either individuals or large groups — without leaving your desk.
- Microsoft OneNote — With its Fluent user interface (UI), improved navigation and new organizational tools, all your notes, thoughts and ideas are easier than ever to capture and organize in a visually clear, quickly searchable location. OneNote 2010 streamlines collaboration with co-authoring and versioning, and Shared Notebooks make getting everyone on the same page easier than ever.
- Microsoft Outlook — This powerful set of email management tools connects you to a variety of Web services and social networks to manage your personal information and schedule while staying in touch with the people who matter most. With Outlook 2010, you can view, track and find information. You can also customize your user interface and experience, connect across boundaries, and remain in control of your email, calendar and contacts.
- Microsoft PowerPoint — PowerPoint 2010 enables you to create more powerful, portable presentations featuring enhanced transitions, animation, and audio and video (A/V) capabilities. With PowerPoint 2010, you can embed audio and video files in your presentations in high definition, co-author presentations in real time, and create video versions of your presentations. PowerPoint 2010 expands the ways you can display and distribute your presentations by enabling you to broadcast presentations to be viewed through a Web browser and easily post your presentation to the Web for easy editing.
- Microsoft® Project — Stay informed by controlling your project work, schedule and finances, and effectively communicate project data to your team.
- Microsoft Publisher — With simple-to-use design tools, Publisher 2010 provides the power to create professional-quality marketing materials and publications that can be printed and shared by email. Work efficiently with an updated user interface, easier photo-editing tools and visual guides to help you navigate publications.
- Microsoft® Visio® — Updated with a new level of dynamic, data-driven visualization tools and templates, Visio enables importing real-time data from multiple sources, including Excel, Microsoft® SQL Server® and SharePoint lists. Diagrams reflect real-time changes, display vivid graphics and, using SharePoint integration, share diagrams in real time with anyone, even those who don’t own Visio.
- Microsoft Word 2010 — Create powerful and impressive documents through expanded capabilities that remove the roadblocks between your vision for the document and the end product. Collaborate with co-authoring capabilities, bring your text to life with OfficeArt formatting, connect to research resources within the references pane, and search and navigate through your documents more quickly.