Dell recently announced a broad range of innovative solutions across its enterprise portfolio that optimize and simplify management and productivity within customers’ VMware virtualization environments. We also extended our longstanding relationship with VMware to deliver deeper integration with NSX and to accelerate adoption of network virtualization and open networking in the software-defined data center
When you embrace the software-defined data center (SDDC) from VMware and Dell, you’re positioning yourself for delivering IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) via private, public or hybrid cloud. Together Dell and VMware provide a complete solution and a blueprint for cloud success including servers, storage, networking and software to build out an SDDC architecture. VMware vRealize Suite gives you the tools to manage physical, virtual and hybrid cloud with a common management, orchestration, networking and security model across on-premises and off-premises environments, enabling heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. We also offer complete services from design to build, and management and hosting services.
|Cloud infrastructure provisioning|
Efficient Data Center
Most organizations today are attempting to leverage IT for innovation and differentiation without increasing staff or overall spend. This means that data centers must become more efficient. VMware and Dell are working together to make designing, buying, building and maintaining your data center simpler, while increasing utilization. This frees up valuable resources, allowing you to focus on innovation and differentiation.
|Datacenter infrastructure provisioning|
With the rise of data center virtualization, cloud, and big data – the network is experiencing unprecedented demands for security, agility, and flexibility. Traditional methods of networking are not designed for the requirements new applications are making on the data center. Today, software defined networking through VMware NSX and Dell Open Networking, disaggregating the networking hardware from the software, are able to provide the optimal solution for organizations to modernize their network. This is achieved through the new paradigm of network virtualization through VMware NSX coupled with the innovation and flexibility of Dell Open Networking. Organizations now are enabled to make major advances in data center security, visibility, automation, economics, and ease of management. Dell offers services to design, build, and support this new paradigm in networking utilizing VMware NSX.
Understanding network virtualization
- Open Networking and Virtualization for the Software-Defined Data Center
- Network Virtualization with Dell Infrastructure and VMware NSX
- Network Virtualization with Dell and VMware NSX Video Demo
Deploying and managing the virtualized network
- Dell Network Virtualization Handbook for VMware NSX Enterprise 6.2.3
- Dell Networking Multitenancy Across Physical and Logical Environments with VRF lite and VMware NSX
- Dell S6000 Data Center Switch Gateway for VMware NSX Solution Brief
- Planning for operational transformation with NSX
- Open Networking: Dell's Point of View on SDN | Dell
- SDN Based Open Networking Building Momentum Among IT Decision Makers Tech Target Research Brief
- Open Networking Takes Hold
- Dell Networking Open Networking Partner OS Guide
- Unlocking the Open Networking Ecosystem with Dell VMware Cumulus Solutions Brief
- Open Networks: Turning the vision into reality
- Video: Dell and Open Networking
- Video: Open Networking and the Software Defined Data Center
True end-to-end client virtualization solutions
Dell is uniquely positioned to provide complete desktop and application virtualization from concept to deployment and management, infrastructure to endpoints. IT resources no longer have to spend most of their time reacting to crisis and are able to proactively work towards streamlining workflows. By maintaining all data within the datacenter and installing the most secure endpoints, critical data is secure. The VMware focused Wyse endpoints bring further simplification and manageability. These solutions are purpose built to increase and improve client virtualization adoption.
- Dell and VMware – Enabling the virtual workspace
- Dell Cloud Client-Computing Interactive Overview
- Dell Managed Virtual Workspace Services
- Cloud Client-Computing Enterprise Engineering Documentation
- Dell Wyse 5030 and 7030 Zero Clients for VMware
- Wyse 5020 Thin Client Data Sheet
- Wyse 7020 Thin Client Data Sheet
- Wyse 5050 All-in-One PCoIP Zero Client for VMware Data Sheet
- Dell Blueprint for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Virtual workspace end-to-end reference architecture (RA) tested and validated that include best practices, scalability, densities and optimal configurations for client virtualization. Configurations include the Dell PowerEdge R730, R730XD and R630 platforms, Dell Networking and standard, hybrid and all flash storage configurations. Enhanced virtualized graphics are available to improve successful adoption of desktop and application virtualization. Users are now able to access data anywhere, anytime and on any device securely.
- Dell, VMware and Intel Client Virtualization Solutions Made Simple
- VMware Horizon solutions from Dell and VMware video
- Dell and VMware Client Virtualization Simplified video
Virtual SAN with Horizon
100% VMware powered Software Defined Solutions for client virtualization from Dell
Dell Solutions for VMware Virtual SAN™ with Horizon® solutions deliver simplified software-defined-storage (SDS) solutions for virtual desktops and applications. These Virtual SAN with Horizon end-to-end 100% VMware stack solutions built on Dell PowerEdge servers and are delivered through Reference Architectures for the “Do It Yourself” customers, Virtual SAN Ready Nodes and Virtual SAN Ready Nodes Factory Installed, all with Horizon or Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode. For Horizon solutions, enhanced virtualized graphics are available.
- Dell Solutions for VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes with Horizon reference architecture
- The Need for Simplicity — Why an HCIA Reduces Complexity
- Client Virtualization - no longer a guessing game
- VMware Virtual SAN with Horizon from Dell and VMware video
Specialized client virtualization solutions
Desktop and application virtualization is no longer only focused on mainstream customers. Specialized customers requiring workstation, ISV certified, high performance graphics are now available virtualized. The Wyse Datacenter for Virtual Workstations and Precision Appliance for Wyse are two such solutions focused on designers, architects, oil and gas industries, healthcare and other like industries. These solutions enable staff to be more mobile and flexible without being tied to a desk, while allowing IT resources to maintain control over critical data.
- Dell Precision Appliance for Wyse White Paper
- Burns Engineering, Inc., creates virtual desktops for its workstation environment
VMware EUC solutions
Dell solutions fully support a wide range of VMware End User Computing technologies including AirWatch, Horizon Air and Workspace One. Together, these solutions create virtual workspace environments with technologies to meet customer needs and requirements.
Client virtualization vertical solutions
Not only do these joint solutions support general enterprise client virtualization, but there are also solutions to address specific vertical industries. Financial, retail, healthcare, education and government industries all have specific security and compliancy requirements to protect themselves and their customers. Dell and VMware joint solutions can meet those needs.
- Financial Industry Client Virtualization Solutions from Dell and VMware
- Enabling Students to Learn with Dell and VMware Solutions
- Secure Client Virtualization for Government from Dell and VMware
- Retail Client Virtualization Solutions from Dell and VMware
- Client Virtualization solutions for healthcare from Dell and VMware
- Austin Community College (ACC) builds the nation's largest learning lab
- Austin Community College - Video