Dell is participating in all computer related sales tax holidays in qualifying states for purchases of qualifying items. Please find the State Sales Tax Holidays 2015 listed below, and click on your state's website for full details.
|Shop Laptops||Shop Desktops||Shop Tablets||Shop Deals|
|State||Dates*||Tax Free |
|S&H Part of Limit?||Taxed if threshold|
|Aug 7-9, 2015||$1,500 per item||Yes||Yes||CST|| See note in |
additional state details.
|Aug 7-16, 2015 ||$750||No||No||EST|
|July 31- Aug 2, 2015||Up to $1,000||No||Yes||EST|
|August 7-8, 2015||First $2,500 of sales price||No||No||CST||State tax only.|
Locals may still apply.
|Aug 7-9, 2015||$3,500 (computers)|
|N/A||N/A||CST||State tax only.|
Locals may still apply.
|Aug 7-9, 2015||$1,000 (Computers)|
|Aug 7-9, 2015|
|August 7-9, 2015||$1,500 per item||Yes||Yes||CST|
| Additional State Details|
• Tennessee includes shipping and handling as part of the price used to trigger the tax free threshold. If standard shipping is not selected, it may put the order over the threshold and thus causing the order not to qualify for the sales tax holiday.
**The AL sales tax holiday provision requires items to be paid for and delivered during the holiday period. Since covered items ordered during the holiday will not be delivered until after the holiday, most of Dell’s transactions do not qualify for the exemption. All transactions will be manually reviewed to see if they meet the necessary criteria for the holiday.**
• The holiday will apply to the 4 percent LA state sales tax, but will not apply to the sales taxes levied by parishes, municipalities, school boards, and other local taxing authorities. St. Charles Parish and St. John the Baptist are participating.
**NM requires the bill to as well as the ship to address also be within NM.**
• MA Sales Tax Holiday dates are proposed and more details to come as soon as they are available.
| Warranty Details|
• New Mexico
Please Note: The advertised bundle may include taxable services that are not included in the New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax Holiday. Please consult the New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax Holiday FYI-203 for additional information regarding the purchase of taxable services during the Tax Holiday (http://realfile.tax.newmexico.gov/FYI-203%20GROSS%20RECEIPTS%20TAX%20HOLIDAY.pdf)
Please Note: The advertised bundle may include taxable services that are not included in the Tennessee Sales Tax Holiday. Please consult the Tennessee Tax Holiday frequently asked questions for additional information regarding the purchase of taxable services during the Tax Holiday (https://revenue.support.tn.gov/hc/en-us/sections/201022109-Sales-Tax-Holiday)
The information enclosed herewith is the most up to date based on the states participating. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, Dell Tax Department assumes no responsibility should the information change per the guidelines of the individual states. The user of the information agrees that the information is subject to change without notice.
***External Customer Use Only*** Specific Escalations/Questions should be directed to: Tax_Department@Dell.com - please reference Sales Tax Holiday in subject line of email
Tax-free Sales Events are held around the time of back-to-school shopping. Dell.com orders sent to addresses in participating states don't collect sales tax, including local-option sales tax, on sales of specific items. The following applies to all participating dell.com purchases:
• You're limited as to the number of items you may purchase tax-free. After the limit for the tax-free categories is met, sales tax will apply to the remainder of the sale. However, some county and city taxes still apply in some states.
• Exemption applies to each article priced under state limit, regardless of how many items are sold on the same order.
Items eligible for tax-free purchases during this period typically include PCs and tablets, but exclude other electronics & accessories (such as TVs, cameras, etc). Please visit your state’s tax-free information page for additional details on which products qualify for which amounts.