Help Me Choose: NVIDIA Graphics
Powerful graphics. Powerfully smart. Dell™ XPS™ laptops are powered with performance graphics from NVIDIA for powerful photo and video editing, and high-resolution gaming with breathtaking detail.
Razor-sharp graphics are standard
XPS laptops come standard with leading-edge NVIDIA® GeForce® performance graphics processing unit (GPU) with 1GB graphics memory, expandable to 2 and 3GB graphics options, depending on the laptop you choose.
Why dedicated graphics memory?
Dedicated graphics memory is designed to free up system memory, which helps improve the overall system and graphics performance of a laptop. The NVIDIA performance-level graphics processor fitted on XPS laptops offers supercharged performance in high-definition (HD) video playback and photo browsing, and high-resolution graphics for next-generation gaming.
NVIDIA Optimus technology (not available on 3D panel)
NVIDIA Optimus™ technology automatically optimizes your battery life while maintaining the graphics performance you expect — completely, seamlessly and transparently — whether you’re watching a movie, surfing the web or playing a game.
How does it work?
- This intelligent graphics technology switches between discrete and integrated graphics processors automatically whenever it determines what kind of application is being used. If you are simply surfing the web, the GPU switches to the integrated version, therefore helping to extend your battery life. It's that easy to experience long battery life and amazing visuals without having to manually change settings
- Watch an HD movie, surf the web or play games knowing you can get the long battery life you need and the performance you expect from NVIDIA Optimus technology
NVIDIA 3DTV Play
- XPS laptops are the first laptops from Dell that fully integrate NVIDIA 3DTV Play™ Software that enables users to experience over 400 PC games, 3D Blu-ray movies and 3D photos out of the box without having to download any software*
- Enjoy the power of your NVIDIA GeForce graphics. With NVIDIA 3DTV Play software and the high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) 1.4 connection on your laptop, you can easily connect to a compatible 3DTV to enjoy 3D content on the big screen:
- Game night? Convert over 400 of the most popular PC games into immersive 3D environments
- Bring home the 3D theatre experience and surround yourself in the latest Blu-ray 3D movies
- Photos never looked so real. Relive the moments captured in your 3D photos as you browse them on your 3DTV or view them as a slideshow
What do you need?
- 3D-enabled XPS laptop (includes NVIDIA GeForce graphics processor, NVIDIA 3DTV Play software and HDMI™ 1.4 connection) and HDMI cable, sold separately
- Blu-ray Disc™ drive to watch movies
- NVIDIA-compatible, 3D-enabled TV and compatible 3D glasses (3D glasses and 3DTV sold separately)*
- Current games or 3D Blu-ray movies
General-purpose computing on graphics processing unit (GPGPU) offloads some of the most intensive processing tasks from the CPU to the graphics processor, which can result in quicker transcoding for the end customer.
NVIDIA PhysX technology
NVIDIA PhysX™ technology adds an element of realism, revolutionary in gaming. With an NVIDIA GeForce GPU in your PC, experience dynamic PhysX effects such as blazing explosions, reactive debris, realistic water and lifelike characteristics.
|1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M||1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M||3GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M ||Intel® HD |
|1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M|
2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
|Systems supported||XPS 15 - L501x||XPS 17 - L702x||XPS 17 - L702x||XPS 15 - |
|XPS 15 - L502x||XPS 15 - L502x|
|Discrete / Integrated||Discrete||Discrete||Discrete||UMA||Discrete||Discrete|
|Discrete memory||1GB||1GB||3GB||3–6GB (depending on processor) — cache is shared between |
graphics and CPU
|Graphics Memory Interface||128-bit||128-bit|
|Display Interfaces||HDMI 1.4, Display Port||HDMI 1.4, Display Port||HDMI 1.4, Display Port||HDMI 1.4, |
|HDMI 1.4, Display Port||HDMI 1.4, Display Port|
|Dual Display Support|
|Blu-ray 3D Capable*|
|NVIDIA Optimus Technology|
|NVIDIA PhysX capable|
|NVIDIA 3D Vision™ / 3DTV Play support|