Help Me Choose: Touch Display
|Touch screen display gives you faster, more intuitive experiences|
Touch screen with Windows 8 or Windows RT offers quick and easy information access — swipe, slide and zoom with apps and tiles.
Touch. And go.
Experience just how intuitive and fun things can be with the optional touch screen.
• Scrolling through web pages, sliding the time scale on videos exactly where you want and zooming in on photos couldn't be simpler.
• Viewing and editing photos and videos in a snap — just tap, scroll or zoom to your heart's content.
• Exploring maps seems so much more intuitive when you’re able to point or zoom exactly on what interests you.
• Toggling between apps, charms and windows has never been easier.
Not only is it fun to use, it also looks phenomenal with that seamless edge-to-edge design and durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass (optional).
|What we say||How to do it||What it does|
|Tap||Tap once on the item.||Opens whatever you tap. Similar to clicking with a mouse.|
|Press and hold||Press your finger down and leave it there for a few seconds.||Shows info to help you learn more about an item. Opens a menu specific to what you're doing. Similar to right-clicking with a mouse.|
|Pinch or stretch to zoom||Touch the screen or an item with two or more fingers, and then move the fingers toward each other (pinch) or away from each other (stretch).||Shows different levels of info. A good place to explore this is the start screen.|
Visually zooms in or out, like with pictures or maps.
|Rotate||Put two or more fingers on an item and then turn your hand.||Rotates things in the direction you turn your hand. Only some items can be rotated.|
|Slide to scroll||Drag your finger on the screen.||Moves through what’s on the screen. Similar to scrolling with a mouse.|
|Slide to rearrange||Press and drag an item in the opposite direction you would scroll. (For example, if you would scroll left or right, drag the item up or down.) When you’ve moved the item to the new location, release it.||Moves an item. Similar to dragging with a mouse. A good place to explore this is the start screen.|
|Swipe to select||Slide an item a short distance in the opposite direction compared to how the page scrolls. (For example, if you would scroll left or right, slide the item up or down.) A quick, short movement works best.||Selects an item, like a photo or tile on start screen. This often brings up app commands.|
|Swipe from edge||Starting on the edge, swipe in.|
- Your screen must be a touch screen to use these interactions. To check your pen and touch settings: Open System by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you’re using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering System in the search box, tapping or clicking Settings, and then tapping or clicking System.
- Your screen resolution must be at least 1366x768 to snap apps. To check this setting: Open Screen Resolution by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you’re using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down and then clicking Search), entering Display in the search box, tapping or clicking Settings and then tapping or clicking Display.