What is BYOD?
In today’s connected world, employees ― from interns to executives ― want to use their personal smartphones, tablets and laptops at work, and many of them already do. This trend is called BYOD (bring your own device).
BYOD can extend workplace flexibility and add as many as 460 productivity hours a year for each mobile employee. But it also introduces unsecured employee-owned devices into the workplace.
In the past, companies managed corporate access by issuing — and controlling — the devices that employees used to get their work done. With Dell Mobility Solutions, you can welcome employee-owned devices in the workplace without putting your company data at risk.
Create new opportunities with BYOD
Create a positive user experience, boost workplace productivity and protect your intellectual capital:
- Ensure anytime, anyplace, any-device access to corporate resources.
- Shift capital expenses (CAPEX) to operating expenses (OPEX).
- Keep employee and company data separate.
- Automate mobile device and laptop management.
- Modernize your applications and IT infrastructure.
- Secure your data from the device, across the network and in your data center.
Take a proactive approach:
- Map user tasks to defined roles, such as sales rep, call center operator, software developer. Then determine what level of access each role needs and which applications you need to support each role.
- Create policies that tell you which employees are using the network and what they are trying to do.
- Choose centralized management solutions that support smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops.
- Consider desktop virtualization, software-as-a-service and cloud technologies to simplify management and reduce expenses.
- Keep business and employee data separate from the beginning. Consider a containerized approach.
- Encrypt the data on endpoints, disks and other media.
- Inventory your applications to start modernizing your mobile portfolio.
- Determine whether your client environment meets compliance regulations.
- Secure your data with a multilayered approach that covers the device, network and data center.
- Ensure your employees have the bandwidth and network IT they need.
- Enlist consulting and support services as well as self-service portals.
Don’t jump through hoops to manage BYOD. With Dell Mobility Solutions, you can integrate corporate-managed, choose-your-own or bring-your-own devices with your existing infrastructure quickly, easily and securely.