Rapid, efficient, quality Oracle deployment and support
Dell and Oracle: A history of successful partnership
For more than 10 years, Dell and Oracle have partnered to successfully develop data-center solutions. This history gives our customers confidence in our expert services and our proven optimized high-availability x86 platform for Oracle — reinforced with the full support and commitment of both partners.
Now, with our newly expanded relationship, Dell and Oracle are working closer than ever to deliver comprehensive, end-to-end solutions. Learn more details and watch the OracleWorld announcement.
With Dell Active Infrastructure for Oracle database, you can:
- Rapidly deliver — Achieve fast, consistent implementation with tested and validated reference architectures, deployment guidance and Oracle-validated configurations.
- Maximize efficiency — Streamline deployment, management and support when you partner with Dell as your single source for optimized hardware, software, storage and networking as well as management and security tools, such as Quest.
- Strengthen IT service quality — Improve your level of IT service with reliable deployment and support, simplified and automated system management and security, and accurate delivery of highly available Oracle implementations.
Contact a Dell expert today to learn more about this offering.
Save time, eliminate costly guesswork and speed your Oracle implementation with Dell engineered reference architectures, tested and validated configurations and Oracle Validated Configurations.
Dell validated configurations provide an exact blueprint of components to purchase and how to integrate them to create an optimized database platform. As part of the complete package, Dell also provides:
- Implementation guides and automated installation packages, reinforced by support on Oracle’s hardware compatibility lists (HCL) enable you to deploy Oracle nodes quickly and with confidence.
- A CD image (tar.gz) of the most popular Oracle configurations, enables automated installation of OS and application software — from bare metal to optimized Oracle node — in less than 4 hours.
Select from several operating systems for database deployments, including Oracle Linux (with Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel) and Oracle VM, with full support from Dell and Oracle, a unique capability made possible by Dell’s partnership with Oracle.
Zero Impact Migration
Migrate from legacy environments to a Dell x86 platform, with little to no impact on the operation of the existing environment. More than 1,000 customers have benefited from our Zero Impact Migration solution, which leverages the power of Dell SharePlex software.
Comprehensive technical support
Resolve technical issues faster with joint technical support of all Oracle Validated Configurations (OVC) and Dell reference architectures and tested and validated configurations.
Proven management and security solutions
Rely on Dell as your single source for a complete portfolio of system management, security and integration software from Dell’s acquisitions of Quest, SonicWall and Boomi. These tools have long been regarded as the flagship products for Oracle database management and security.
Simplified support renewal
Work with Dell, an Oracle preferred x86 partner, as the single source for your Oracle needs, including support. We are the only partner that can offer Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and Oracle Enterprise Manager support renewal contracts beyond the first year of purchase.
Through this process, Dell maintains a matrix of supported hardware and software that can be combined to deliver an optimized Oracle database configuration. You can rely on Dell to be your single source for hardware, software, services and consulting.
Our portfolio includes:
- PowerEdge blade, rack and tower servers offer our innovative x86 technology with performance-enhancing ExpressFlash PCIe SSD and advanced embedded systems management capabilities. For single-server environments running RHEL, PowerEdge Fluid Cache technology provides outstanding performance acceleration in non-RAC environments.
- Dell PowerVault, EqualLogic and Compellent storage offerings enable you to implement a streamlined and automated storage infrastructure that meets your most demanding Oracle performance and capacity requirements.
- Dell networking products provide optimal data access, performance and resiliency while lowering overall costs.
Through our recent strategic acquisitions, we offer a complete portfolio of information management software. This software helps you simplify migration and integration, ease management and ensure high availability of your Oracle database applications. In addition, Dell security solutions enable you to efficiently secure, control and protect your Oracle environment.
Dell Services provides deep expertise in designing, deploying and managing Oracle environments and can tailor a solution to meet your performance and return-on-investment objectives.