Knowledge Means Security
Take control and understand the impact of your power and cooling challenges by deploying a set of measurement and control mechanisms with intelligent reporting capabilities.
Whether addressing the challenges of a remote office, data closet or megascale data center, Dell offers the capacity to monitor and manage a full stack of hardware and software within your IT environment.
With greater awareness of power consumption and utilization, your system administrators can take actions that reduce power consumption and lower power costs.
Dell offers a range of control mechanisms, including:
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) power management features that enable you to power on or reboot remotely, as well as set power cap or power monitor and get information on power state
- Dell™ Management Console (DMC), which proactively notifies you of issues before they become critical
- Dell Active Power Controller™ (DAPC), which provides automated power tuning capabilities
- Low-power system standby commands
- Virtualization capabilities such as VMware® Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
Dell power management is designed to be extensible to environments that have already deployed an extensive system management scheme, so you’re not locked into a specific structure.
11 Oct 2013