Windows Server 2012 represents the next generation of IT.
With more than 300 features for enhanced virtualization, systems management, cloud and mobility technologies, Windows Server 2012 readies you to grow your business into the next decade.
The change is worth it.
Moving to Windows Server 2012 with Dell lets your business scale better, manage IT more efficiently and meet the demands of the modern mobile workforce. With this collaboration, you can:
- Advance your virtualization strategy
Windows Server 2012 brings virtual machine portability to new levels — you can move compute power and resources easily and rapidly among private clouds, public clouds and on-premises storage. Now you can respond to demand spikes in real time, without expensive forklift upgrades and management overhead.
- Streamline systems management
The combination of Dell OpenManage agent-free management, and the new file sharing and networking enhancements in Windows Server 2012, answers some of the toughest management challenges facing large operations. Streamlining and automating systems management delivers efficiencies that reduce cost.
- Deliver results faster
Windows Server 2012 also makes deploying virtual desktops simple and improves the user experience for remote workers. Remote Branch Office capabilities and easier centralized management features make it easier than ever to migrate to virtualized desktop environments.
- Grow into the future according to your business needs
The ability to scale clusters to 64 nodes and run 4,000 virtual machines on servers that are incredibly memory-dense and 10GB capable gives you the assurance that when you consolidate for savings today, you still have immense growth potential into the future.
Small business owners — You and your workforce deserve the same easy access to corporate resources and the same confidence in IT security as your large-scale competitors. Take your small business to the next level with the Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) 10-seat trial kit.
Trust Dell to help you get there.
Our long-time partnership with Microsoft gives you the end-to-end solutions that increase efficiency and lower cost. We designed our 12th generation of servers specifically to exploit the strengths of Windows Server 2012. And our ongoing collaboration with Microsoft results in the validated applications, reference architectures, services and support you need to make the change with the least possible disruption to your business.
Highlights of new Features of Windows Server 2012 R2 (Fall 2013 release)
- Server virtualization: Windows Server 2012 R2 is a virtualization platform that has helped organizations of all sizes realize considerable cost savings and operational efficiencies. Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 R2 greatly expands support for host processors and memory.
- Storage: Windows Server 2012 R2 offers a wide variety of high-performance, highly available storage features and capabilities, while taking advantage of industry-standard Dell hardware for dramatically lower cost.
- Networking: Windows Server 2012 R2 makes it as straightforward to manage an entire network as a single server, giving you the reliability and scalability of multiple servers at a lower cost. Automatic rerouting around storage, server, and network failures enables file services to remain online with minimal noticeable downtime. What’s more, Windows Server 2012 R2 – together with System Center 2012 R2 – provides an end-to-end Software Defined Networking solution across public, private, and hybrid cloud implementations.
- Server management and automation: Windows Server 2012 R2 delivers capabilities to manage and automate many servers and the devices connecting them, whether they are physical or virtual, on-premises or off, and using standards-based technologies.
- Web and application platform: Windows Server 2012 R2 builds on the tradition of the Windows Server family as a proven application platform, allowing you to build and deploy applications either on-premises or in the cloud—or both at once, with hybrid solutions that work in both environments.
- Access and information protection: With the new capabilities in Windows Server 2012 R2, you will be able to better manage and protect data access, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure on-premises and across clouds, and provide your users with more secure remote access to applications data from virtually anywhere and from any device.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure: With Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft is making it even easier to deploy and deliver virtual resources across workers’ devices. VDI technologies in Windows Server 2012 R2 offer easy access to a rich, full-fidelity Windows environment running in the datacenter, from virtually any device.
Trust Dell Software to help you simplify your Windows server infrastructure. With millions of users, mailboxes and bytes of data managed on and migrated to Microsoft platforms, it’s no surprise we’re a two-time Microsoft Global ISV Partner of the Year. Learn more about Dell Software solutions for Windows Servers.
Contact a Dell expert to get your Windows Server 2012 solution started.Learn about the Dell Advantage.