University of Massachusetts Lowell boosts learning and helps offset student costs
Date : 1/1/2017
In a traditional computer lab, students know not to use certain machines because they’re slow or they’re the one rumored to have a virus. Today, every time a student logs in to our Dell VDI, they access what equates to a brand new computer.
Steve Athanas, Director of Platforms & Systems Engineering, University of Massachusetts Lowell
ChallengeTo help ensure all students have fast and easy access to the IT resources they need to complete homework and research, and simplify growth, the University of Massachusetts Lowell needed a more flexible desktop model for its computer labs.
- Cloud Client-Computing
- Endpoint Management
- Enterprise Deployment
- 88% faster engineering simulations
- Anytime, anywhere access to virtual lab environments
- 97% less energy needed for thin-client devices
- 6 weeks to buy, build, test and implement Dell VDI
- Improves educational experience and learning potential
- Makes college more affordable and accessible