Enable the Fully Virtualized Data Center
Historically, storage virtualization technologies in SAN environments have been limited to enterprise data center tools for migrating data online between heterogeneous storage environments. While this add-on approach allows for tiered storage and data movement, it does not simplify storage management.
Virtualized iSCSI SAN storage simplifies provisioning and ongoing management, increases storage utilization, provides unlimited scalability in capacity and performance, and enables online migration of data sets among controllers and storage tiers. The most advanced storage virtualization technologies offer the ability to virtualize storage at the device level. This approach achieves scalable performance and capacity — and reduces overall management — by aggregating multiple controllers into a coordinated set of resources, e.g., virtualizing volumes not only across disks within a controller but also across storage systems in a SAN. In your virtualized server environment, this “scale out” storage architecture can help enable your efficient, fully virtualized data center.
- Ability to aggregate virtualized assets on consolidated hardware
- Simple, and centralized management
- Fast, flexible deployment of virtualized resources
- Online, non-disruptive reallocation and expansion of storage resources
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO) from applying a common IP network-based infrastructure
- Enterprise-class resiliency