American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Funding Overview — State and Local Government
Much of the funding that Congress approved in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 is being distributed to state and local governments, either through formulas or competitive grant competitions. In this section we focus on programs that can provide funding for technology and infrastructure improvements including:
- Broadband Deployment and Promotion
- Broadband Technology Opportunities Program
- Broadband Initiatives Program
- State Broadband Data and Development Program
- State Fiscal Stabilization Fund — Government Services Fund
- State Unemployment Insurance Programs
- Department of Energy
- Department of Housing and Urban Development, Public Housing Capital Fund
- Community Development Block Grants
- Department of Justice
- Bond Programs including Build America Bonds, Qualified Energy Conservation Bonds, New Clean Renewable Energy Bonds and School Construction and Renovation
- Recovery.gov is designed to help the general public understand where the money from the ARRA is going.
- The complete economic stimulus package summary is available from the U.S. Senate Committee on Appropriations.
- The National Association of State Chief Information Officer (NASCIO) recovery resource Web site assists state chief information officers (CIOs) in finding opportunities to invest, modernize or secure state’s digital infrastructure.
- General Services Administration (GSA) provides access to the tools government customers need to perform their missions.
- The ARRA guide for state and local governments is available online.
- The Colorado Department of Transportation Web site lists ARRA projects.
- The energy calculator helps you estimate annual savings by using the Energy Smart features on your PC.
- The return on investment (ROI) estimator can help you calculate IT support costs and savings on laptops and desktops.
- Dell offers solutions for state and local agencies, including eGov, energy efficiency and virtualization.
- Dell offers solutions for federal agencies including virtualization, energy efficiency and specialized solutions.
Details regarding educational programs can be found in the education section of the Dell funding Web site, and information on initiatives to improve information technology for health agencies and providers can be found in the healthcare section.
Information provided on this site is from government Web sites and publically available sources of information and is provided for general informational purposes only. While Dell makes reasonable efforts to update this information as changes occur, Dell makes no warranties or representations regarding your use of or the accuracy of this information.