Use your existing Microsoft® investments, avoid complex and expensive software licensing and give your workforce the freedom and functionality they need. Maximize your workforce with DVS Enterprise for Windows Server® 2012 Remote Desktop Services (RDS):
- Deploy a flexible end-to-end application and desktop virtualization solution, including endpoints
- Configure, deploy and manage a Microsoft-based DVS deployment
- Manage your environment from a single console
- Take advantage of Microsoft licensing
- Lower your cost for each user
- Use high-end server graphics cards to enable your most demanding users with virtual desktops
- Choose between flexible deployment models
|Use one platform powered by Windows Server 2012 RDS to deploy four different desktop virtualization options, as follows:|
Concurrent users all share server
resources with RDP-based
Users are assigned dedicated
pristine virtual machines at each
|Application delivery |
Applications are streamed from
the server to desktop clients.
Persistent 1:1 desktops are
assigned to specific entitled users.
Implement a small-scale virtual desktop environment
Small business owners — You and your workforce deserve the same easy access to corporate resources and the same confidence in IT security as your large-scale competitors. Take your small business to the next level with the Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) 10-seat trial kit.
Contact a Dell expert and discover how easy it is to streamline your IT with Dell desktop virtualization solutions.
You don’t have to test or configure your DVS Enterprise for Windows Server® 2012 solution. You can scale from 50 users to about 900 remote desktop sessions or 750 pooled Windows 8 virtual machines. This solution includes the following hardware, software and services:
- Management server: One Dell PowerEdge™ 12th generation R720 rack server (fixed configuration, supports the VDI broker infrastructure)
- Compute servers: 1–3 R720 rack servers (fixed configuration)
- Server graphics cards (optional): AMD FirePro™ S7000 or S9000, enabling up to 75 high-end graphics users (per server) to be hosted as virtual desktops using shared GPU
- Storage hardware: Dell EqualLogic™ PS4100E (or you can provide your own)
- Network switches: Dell Force10™ S55 Top of Rack switch (or you can provide your own)
- Microsoft® Windows Server 2012 RDS: software and licensing, including Hyper-V™ and Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
- Dell services: Dell ProSupport™ services plus optional deployment, training and consulting services
- Certified RemoteFX-enabled Dell Wyse endpoints (optional): T10, D10D, D90Dx, Z90Dx and X90m7
Get the following benefits with Dell DVS Enterprise for Windows Server® 2012, powered by Microsoft® Remote Desktop Services (RDS):
- Centralized and flexible IT management — Manage remote desktop sessions, pooled or personal VMs and RemoteApp programs. This solution is excellent for all levels of users, including premium plus users running multimedia workloads or high-end graphics.
- Scalability and high availability — You can easily add VM servers with the management wizard.
- Cost effectiveness — Take advantage of remote desktop sessions, flexible storage options and no third-party licensing.
- Robust user experience — Benefit from RemoteFX for enhanced productivity, USB redirection for local productivity and RemoteFX-optimized Dell Wyse endpoints. User disks preserve personalization settings. You also can work with rich 3D graphics and there is support for multi-touch.
- Streamlined IT operations — There’s no need for separate, individual configuration-rich desktop PCs to support your power users.
- Virtualized access — Access rich multimedia and 3D content and applications from multiple devices/locations.
- Protection for sensitive corporate data — There’s no need to save data on your client devices. We provide secure remote access to graphics-intensive applications.
- Flexible deployment — Choose from the following models all running on Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V:
- DVS 10-seat trial kit for an affordable proof of concept (POC) — Try out VDI or implement for your small office (up to 10 users).
- DVS Enterprise with PowerEdge VRTX for ROBO — Pre-integrated datacenter in a box for running VDI (250-500 users) and other workloads. It is ideal for space-constrained remote or branch offices with standard power and need for low noise.
- Standard DVS Enterprise for Windows Server 2012 — Optimized for flexible/custom VDI workload (up to about 1000 users).
- An end-to-end solution — It includes data center infrastructure, software, services and endpoints and accelerates your deployment time. All the components have been pretested and validated together. And there’s only one phone number for hardware and software support
DVS Enterprise for Windows Server® 2012 includes Dell ProSupport™. Resolve issues quickly and effectively with help from expert DVS Enterprise technicians. You have access to comprehensive hardware and software support to keep you up and running 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Dell ProSupport also includes access to software updates.
In addition, the following services are optional and available in selected countries:
- Dell DVS Consulting Services: Evaluates, designs, pilots and implements VDI solutions using end-to-end Dell services.
- Identify the user groups and applications that can benefit from virtualization.
- Design a production pilot based on user performance profiles.
- Validate pilot performance, sizing and ROI.
- Engage implementation services, including image creation, application virtualization and profile migration.
Contact a Dell expert to choose the right solution for your environment.
One size does not fit all. You need a solution that meets the demands of your business, with the flexibility to deploy VDI workloads on Windows Server® 2012 Hyper-V in a way that suits your company. In addition to the standard offering (DVS Enterprise for Windows Server 2012), Dell also offers the following alternatives, featured in the Reference Architecture:
DVS 10-seat trial kit
The DVS 10-seat trial kit is ideal for small businesses who want to implement and use VDI (up to 10 users) or for larger organizations that simply want to try out VDI as an inexpensive Proof of Concept (POC) on Hyper-V before expanding to more users.
DVS Enterprise with PowerEdge VRTX for ROBO
If your business is a remote office or a branch office (ROBO) and you don’t have datacenter power and cooling infrastructure, but you need VDI along with other workloads, Dell has sized virtual desktops on the PowerEdge VRTX. The PowerEdge VRTX is a datacenter in a box that fits under a desk (or in a rack – 5U) and contains blade servers, 25-disk Direct Attached Storage (DAS), a networking switch and PCIe ports all in one flexible box. It runs on standard power, is very quiet and comes with systems management tools. You can even manage it remotely if you don’t have an IT-expert on-site.
With Windows Servers 2012 RDS and Hyper-V running on PowerEdge VRTX, you can accommodate RDSH and RDVH (pooled Win8 VMs) for:
- 250 users: with 2x M620 blades and 15x 2.5” SAS storage disks
- 500 users: with 4x M620 blades and 25x 2.5” SAS storage disks
Please refer to the Reference Architecture for full details about VDI workloads on PowerEdge VRTX.
Contact a Dell expert and discover how easy it is to transition to Dell desktop virtualization solutions.