- Deploy a flexible end-to-end application and desktop virtualization solution, including endpoints, for 10 up to tens of thousands of users
- Apply your existing Microsoft investment and expertise based on Hyper-V 2012 R2
- Manage your environment from a single console
- Take advantage of Microsoft licensing
- Lower your cost for each user
- Use high-end server graphics cards to enable your most demanding users with virtual desktops
- Implement Unified Communication on Windows endpoints with Microsoft Lync 2013 plug-in
- Support bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives
- Take advantage of integrated VM diagnostics and monitoring tools
- Choose between flexible deployment models
|Use one platform powered by Windows Server 2012 R2 to deploy four different desktop virtualization options, as follows:|
Concurrent users all share server
resources with RDP-based
Users are assigned dedicated
pristine virtual machines at each
|Application delivery |
Applications are streamed from
the server to desktop clients.
Persistent 1:1 desktops are
assigned to specific entitled users.
Implement a small-scale virtual desktop environment
At Dell, we believe that small business owners deserve the same easy access to corporate resources and the same confidence in IT security as your large-scale competitors. Take your small business to the next level with the Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) 10-seat trial kit
Contact a Dell expert and discover how easy it is to streamline your IT with Dell desktop virtualization solutions.
- Management server: The Dell PowerEdge™ 12th generation R720 rack server (fixed configuration, supports the connection broker and user profile management).
- Compute servers: one-to-many R720 rack servers, depending on the number of seats. On each R720, the number of users you can install is up to 225 remote desktop sessions or up to 225 Windows 8.1 pooled or persistent virtual desktops.
- Server graphics cards (optional): AMD FirePro™ S7000 or S9000 enabling up to 85 shared graphics users (per server) to be hosted as virtual desktops using shared GPU.
- Storage hardware: Dell EqualLogic™ PS4100E , PS6100E or PS6100XS storage array (or you provide your own).
- Network switch: Dell Networking S55 Top of Rack 1G switch for LAN or iSCSI (or you provide your own).
- Microsoft® Windows Server 2012 R2: software and licensing, including Hyper-V™ and Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
- Dell vWorkspace 8.0 MR1 (optional): virtualization software and licensing
- Dell services: Dell ProSupport™ services plus optional deployment, training and consulting services.
- Microsoft Lync 2013 (optional): software enabling unified communication with virtual desktops
- Certified RemoteFX-enabled Dell Wyse endpoints (optional): T10D, D10D, D90D/Qx, Z90D/Qx and X90m7.
Get the following benefits with Dell Wyse Datacenter for Microsoft VDI and vWorkspace, powered by Microsoft® Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and Hyper-V 2012 R2:
- Centralized and flexible IT management — Manage remote desktop sessions, pooled or personal Windows 8.1 VMs and RemoteApp programs. This solution is excellent for all levels of users, including power users running multimedia workloads or high-end graphics.
- Scalability and high availability — Easily add VM servers with the management wizard.
- Cost effectiveness — Take advantage of remote desktop sessions, flexible storage options and no third-party licensing.
- Reduced storage costs — Leverage built-in data deduplication on actively running VMs and tiered storage spaces, making persistent VMs highly affordable.
- Robust user experience — Benefit from RemoteFX for enhanced productivity, USB redirection for local productivity and RemoteFX-optimized Dell Wyse endpoints. User disks preserve personalization settings. You also can work with rich 3D graphics and there is support for multi-touch.
- Unified Communication — Install the Microsoft Lync 2013 plug-in and your end users can talk, chat, IM, share, transfer files and video conference from their Windows endpoints.
- Satisfaction for the most demanding users —Take advantage of high-end AMD FirePro graphics cards certified on Dell servers (for users running 3D or Full HD multimedia files).
- Great for BYOD — Enjoy support for Windows, iOS, Mac OS and Android endpoints with the Remote Desktop App.
- Streamlined IT operations — There’s no need for separate, individual configuration-rich desktop PCs to support your power users.
- Virtualized access — Access rich multimedia and 3D content and applications from multiple devices/locations.
- Protection for sensitive corporate data — There’s no need to save data on your client devices. Dell provides secure remote access to graphics-intensive applications.
- Flexible deployment — Choose from the following models all running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V:
- DVS 10-seat trial kit for an affordable proof of concept (POC) — Try out VDI or implement for your small office (up to 10 users).
- DVS with PowerEdge VRTX for ROBO — Pre-integrated datacenter in a box for running VDI (250-500 users) and other workloads. It is ideal for space-constrained remote or branch offices with standard power and need for low noise.
- Standard DVS for Windows Server and vWorkspace — Optimized for flexible/custom VDI workloads.
- End-to-end solution — It includes data center infrastructure, software, services and endpoints and accelerates your deployment time. All the components have been pretested and validated together. And there’s only one phone number for hardware and software support
- Scalability — Deploy up to tens of thousands of virtual desktops in minutes.
- Advanced VM management — Fix problems before they occur using the built-in advanced Diagnostics and Monitoring tool, also from a single console.
- Further reduce storage costs — Reduce storage I/O and disk space requirements by at least 45 percent by taking advantage of HyperCache and HyperDeploy.
- Greater security — Access VMs and applications based on multiple factors with advanced targets. Benefit from two-factor authentication for all connectors.
- Enhanced end user experience— Experience Optimized Protocol (EOP) enhanced RDP support for audio, graphics, multimedia, printing and USB on WAN.
- Support for legacy OS versions — Interoperability with support for multiple Microsoft Windows Server versions (2003/2008/2012).
- Enhanced BYOD — Support for more OS endpoints such as Java, Linux , ThinShell and even older versions of iOS, MacOS and Android.
- Much more, including support for multi-tenancy domains with no AD trust requirements , Linux VMs, latent networks, vSphere and Virtuozzo hypervisors.
In addition, Dell DVS Consulting Services are optional and available in selected countries so you can evaluate, design, pilot and implement VDI solutions:
- Identify the user groups and applications that can benefit from virtualization.
- Design a production pilot based on user performance profiles.
- Validate pilot performance, sizing and ROI.
- Engage implementation services, including image creation, application virtualization and profile migration.
Contact a Dell expert to choose the right solution for your environment.
DVS 10-seat trial kit
The DVS 10-seat trial kit is ideal for small businesses who want to implement and use VDI (up to 10 users) or for larger organizations that simply want to try out VDI as an inexpensive Proof of Concept (POC) on Hyper-V before expanding to more users.
DVS with PowerEdge VRTX for ROBO
If your business is a medium-sized company or a branch office (ROBO) of a larger organization and you don’t have datacenter power and cooling infrastructure, but you need VDI along with other workloads, Dell has sized virtual desktops on the PowerEdge VRTX. The PowerEdge VRTX is a datacenter in a box that fits under a desk (or in a rack — 5U) and contains blade servers, 25-disk direct attached storage (DAS), a networking switch and PCIe ports all in one flexible box. It runs on standard power, is quiet and comes with systems management tools. You can even manage it remotely if you don’t have an IT-expert on-site.With Windows Servers 2012 Hyper-V running on PowerEdge VRTX, you can accommodate RDSH and RDVH (pooled Win8.1 VMs) for:
- 250 users: with 2x M620 blades and 15x 2.5” SAS storage disks
- 500 users: with 4x M620 blades and 25x 2.5” SAS storage disks
Please refer to the Reference Architecture for full details about VDI workloads on PowerEdge VRTX.
Contact a Dell expert and discover how easy it is to transition to Dell desktop virtualization solutions.