Close-up: Dell Fresh Air Solution
Take the pain and complexity out of data center energy requirements with the Dell™ Fresh Air solution.
Faced with spiraling IT power and cooling costs, many data centers are looking for alternatives to traditional, costly chilling methods. One of those alternatives is the chiller-less or fresh air approach, which utilizes outside air to cool the air inside the data center. The Dell 'Chiller-Less' Data Center solution enables you to reduce energy costs and your carbon footprint by:
- Utilizing the outside air to cool your data center
- Raising the maximum temperature limit
- Turn your data center into a 'chiller-less' or 'fresh air' cooling facility.
- Use the outside air for longer periods throughout the year.
- Meet regulatory guidelines from organizations such as ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers).
Reduce the risk of a cooling failure
Save thousands of dollars a year inoperating costs and capital expenditures.
The servers, storage and networking equipment of the Dell Fresh Air cooling solution have been tested, validated and warranted to operate within the highest current temperature and humidity guidelines issued by ASHRAE, which is 113 F (45º C).