You won’t believe your eyes
Get ready to be amazed by how powerful simplicity can be. Dell PowerEdge VRTX powered by Intel® Xeon® processors integrates servers, storage, networking and management into a single office-optimized chassis the size of a tower server (or 5U rack). With PowerEdge VRTX, we’ve put the power and function of a complete data center into one small package that can change the face of IT in your remote office, or small to midsized business or branch office.
Put an end to the maintenance headache of your unwieldy patchwork of devices and cables. Take back the time and expense of server integration and management interface retraining. Dell PowerEdge VRTX consolidates all of your disparate management tools into one comprehensive and easy-to-use console.
Get data center power in an office-friendly package
VRTX improves your office environment, your productivity and your bottom line with features like the following:
- Excellent server density of up to four dual Intel® Xeon® processor server nodes each with large memory capacity to easily support virtualization projects.
- The latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family that dramatically increases performance per server node. In fact, just one of the Dell PowerEdge M620 servers in VRTX, configured with two Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2690, can replace up to 4 PowerEdge M600 blade servers.
- Huge internal shared storage capacity of up to 48TB of data and a choice of either 3.5" or 2.5" drives that support vMotion, clustering and the exponential growth of data.
- An office-optimized form factor with low noise output for unobtrusive operation in small spaces, and support for 100V-240V AC power so you don’t have to rewire your office.
- Simple, intuitive systems management that can be accessed locally or remotely to save time, shorten the downtime window for maintenance and reduce the potential for error. OpenManage Essentials GeoView provides at-a-glance health status in an intuitive, geographic mapping.
- Simplified networking with integrated networking ports.
- High availability that comes from RAID, and redundant power supplies and fans.
- Easy serviceability with an interface simple enough for untrained office staff to service.
- Flexibility and scalability to support your specific workload and budget needs right now, and to scale with you as you grow over time.
- Optional data center capability: VRTX is also rackable in a 5U form factor and supports 100V-240V AC power for easy consolidation — or to gain the continuity of using the same systems in both data center and offices.
- Incredible virtualization capacity: powered by the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family, VRTX provides up to eight times the processing cores in its 5U-chassis than comparable tower solutions.
- Optional ProSupport Plus: Proactive and preventative support with monthly health checks and performance recommendations with SupportAssist.
Can’t wait to get started?
You can use our free system assessment tool: the Dell Performance Analysis Collection Kit to get a head start determining the specifications that best suit your IT needs.
Learn more about VRTX features and configurations here.
Talk to a Dell expert to change the way you do IT.