Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
Extend your IT Investments
The Dell OpenManage Certified Partner Program delivers seamless integration of Dell hardware management functionality in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The Program supports codevelopment of tool set offerings that help you simplify and automate IT deployment and maintenance tasks.
Dell and Microsoft offer a unified management solution that extends management functionality — and your investment in IT resources — by enabling secure and scalable OS, and application deployment as well as hardware configuration management through a common interface. The same dedicated infrastructure provides comprehensive asset management of servers, desktops and mobile devices.
Manage Multiple Devices from a Single Console
Optimized for Windows OS and application deployment, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 is the solution for comprehensively assessing, deploying and updating your servers, storage and clients across physical, virtual, distributed and mobile environments.
System Center Configuration Manager provides:
- A simple user interface with support for drag-and-drop functions and task sequencing
- Hands-off deployment of Windows operating systems for clients and servers
- Knowledge-driven configuration management best practices to help implement policies
- Comprehensive asset management for servers, and for desktop and mobile PCs
IT staff can effectively manage multiple types of computing devices through one console to gain greater control over your IT environment.
Rapidly Deploy and Update Software and Hardware
Utilizing the Dell Server Deployment Pack and Dell Hardware Update Catalog tools with SCCM, IT staff can more rapidly deploy and install relevant software and Dell hardware updates across corporate, branch and remote IT infrastructure:
- Dell Server Deployment Pack, integrated with SCCM, provides a simple graphical user interface that helps automate the bare-metal configuration and deployment of Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications from a central location to Dell PowerEdge™ servers across enterprise networks.
- Dell Hardware Update Catalogs automate patch of system BIOS, firmware, drivers and application updates for Dell servers, blades and business client PCs. The Dell Inventory Utility, included with Dell Hardware Update Catalogs, scans Dell systems for software versions and determines which updates are required and how to apply them.
Dell Hardware Update Catalogs for SCCM, System Center Essentials (SCE) and Systems Management Server (SMS) are integrated and automatically downloaded through the Microsoft management applications as soon as they are released by Dell.