Achieve medical loss ratio compliance quickly with help from Dell
If your organization is facing serious problems in complying with new federal guidelines for balancing administrative loss ratio and medical loss ratio, Dell can help. We can help develop strategies to reduce your administrative or medical costs, and identify alternative sources of revenue.
Our consulting team includes experts in health plan administrative systems and cost strategies who can guide you to a practical strategy and help you successfully implement changes.
The Dell approach: Assess, plan, implement
Our team takes 3 to 8 weeks to assess your operations and provide strategy options for your review. Our team:
- Evaluates the current cost structure and cost drivers.
- Develops a strategy for reducing costs or shifting costs, including:
- Administrative cost reductions.
- Medical cost reductions.
- Shifting costs between ALR and MLR as appropriate.
- Developing alternative revenue sourcesCreates a strategic road map for moving forward.
Once the assessment is complete and you decide on a strategy, Dell experts help you create an actionable, detailed plan for implementing the strategy. The planning takes 4 to 8 weeks and includes:
- Converting strategies into projects.
- Defining specific activities and staff needs for each project.
- Defining timelines, milestones and success metrics.
The engagement is conducted primarily at the customer’s site. Pricing is based on time and materials, and travel costs are extra. If needed, Dell can provide staff to help implement your plan.
Have a Dell health plan expert contact you.
Return to the Featured Solutions page.