UNIX to Linux Migration Assessment
Discover the Benefits of an Open-Source Platform
Migrating to a Linux® platform can help you cut costs, simplify IT and take advantage of new technologies, but you need to address some critical questions before initiating any major migration project. For instance:
- Do you have a thorough understanding of your current infrastructure?
- Will you need to invest in all-new servers and applications?
- How much will be the migration cost and is there a way to guarantee a good return on your investment?
Make sure you've got the bases covered with a UNIX® to Linux Migration Assessment from Dell Services.
How It Works
Starting with a consultative session with your key stakeholders, our team determines if your applications are certified to run on Linux. We then perform an assessment of virtualization capabilities and develop a total cost of ownership/return on investment (ROI) analysis.
Next, we examine all application dependencies within your existing environment to determine which applications or infrastructure components would perform better if modernized, ported, virtualized — or left as is. Throughout the process, we conduct an ongoing risk/trend analysis to confirm that our recommendations make sense for you.
The UNIX to Linux Migration Assessment includes:
- Executive summary of your current infrastructure with a detailed roadmap based on your stated goals and capabilities
- Introduction to the Dell migration methodology
- Complete basic ROI/cost-savings analysis with relevant and actionable data
- Estimate of effort needed for complete migration and porting of applications
- Risk assessment by weight and probability for all risks associated with migration, plus a mitigation strategy
- Performance benchmark testing of your applications on the new platform