Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research (KIT/IMK-IFU)
Date : 9/1/2012
We can process data significantly faster with our Dell Force10 switches, so researchers can complete their work quicker. And, because we’re more productive, research staff can also take on more projects.
Frank Neidl, Head of IT, IMK-IFU, Germany
ChallengeIMK-IFU — part of KIT — wanted to improve the availability of its IT infrastructure by replacing its ageing switches. Its aim was a tenfold increase in bandwidth.
SolutionThe company deployed Dell Force10™ switches, expanding the existing 80/160 Gigabit connection between data centres to 320 Gigabits. It relies on Dell™ ProSupport™ to protect its investment.
Benefits• Researchers drive new projects with faster processing
• IT team saves up to 20 percent on management time
• Institute saves around 30 percent on core switches
• IMK-IFU future-proofs switches with scalable technology
• Researchers can isolate nonfunctioning components quickly and easily
• IT simplifies deployment with Dell Force10 Operating System