The Westgate School
Date : 7/1/2012
With a £20,000 reduction in hardware costs, the school has already seen a sizeable return on its investment. We've also seen significant savings thanks to our more efficient Dell-based IT infrastructure.
Chris Green, IT Manager, The Westgate School, United Kingdom
ChallengeWith more subjects becoming dependent on IT, The Westgate School needed an easy-to-manage infrastructure that could accommodate growth without additional hardware costs.
SolutionThe school chose to work with Dell™ Premier Partner Krome to implement a virtualized server infrastructure based on Dell EqualLogic™ storage. It also updated its desktop infrastructure.
Benefits• School saves around £20,000 on hardware
• Flexible IT environment can scale to accommodate future growth
• Physical servers reduced from six to two
• Significant return on investment achieved in months
• New servers deployed in minutes
• Disaster recovery provides peace of mind