North American Signs
Date : 10/1/2013
Completely restoring an entire 50-gig database server only takes about an hour. AppAssure will pay for itself merely by restoring a single server that went down.
Robert McCaughey, IT Manager, North American Signs, United States
ChallengeNorth American Signs needed to be able to quickly recover its business-critical application to a very recent state, requiring backups to run during the workday without hurting system performance.
SolutionWith Dell™ AppAssure™, the company protects not only user-created data but entire servers—with flexible RPOs, as well as superior deduplication and compression for storage needs.
Benefits• Cut downtime associated with server recovery by 90 percent
• Slashed storage requirements by half, eliminating the need to purchase additional storage
• Enabled recovery point objectives (RPOs) as low as 15 minutes for critical servers by taking backup snapshots during peak working hours with no impact on users
• Reduced software expenses $2,500-$3,500 a year
• Delivered complete protection of entire servers, instead of only user-created data
• Saved IT staff eight hours a month by requiring virtually no time to manage