Pearland ISD uses virtual desktop infrastructure to refresh classroom IT and implement BYOD
Date : 4/1/2014
Replacing all the district’s PCs would have cost about $6.4 million. We saved approximately $4 million with the Dell cloud client-computing solution.
Greg Bartay, Director of Technology, Pearland Independent School District, United States
ChallengeWith nearly 10,000 PCs, some 12 years old, Pearland schools desperately needed an affordable and manageable way to deliver updated PC capabilities to students and staff.
SolutionNot only did the district save about $4 million by not buying new PCs, it also centralized system management and enabled BYOD with full remote access, all with Dell cloud client-computing.
Benefits• Drastically improved the learning environment for 20,000+ students
• Saved approximately $4 million by not having to replace 4,500 legacy PCs
• Reduced IT desktop systems management services by 75%
• Enabled a true Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative
• Reduced classroom disruptions by centrally managing more than 90% of desktop changes
• Provided the ability for students and staff to have full remote access to applications and files when outside the network