Trico Corporation upgrades to VRTX, saving space, power, and time
Date : 5/1/2014
To get the server, storage and networking capabilities we needed, a multicomponent solution would have cost us almost twice what the Dell PowerEdge VRTX did.
Jarrod Brewer, IT Generalist, Trico Corporation, United States
ChallengeWith nine physical servers out of warranty, Trico sought a simplified solution that would yield space, cost and time savings, and provide greater responsiveness for users and customers.
SolutionUsers gained faster access to reports, helping improve customer response times, and server space was cut nearly 90 percent, all via Dell’s compact converged infrastructure solution and virtualization.
Benefits• Speeds up business cycles to improve responsiveness to customers
• Eliminates time-outs when generating reports for end users
• Reduces the number of servers by almost 90 percent
• Lowers energy costs by $2,400 a year
• Saves IT 100 hours a year in administrative time
• Paves the way to expand company’s business capabilities