Dell’s two-year Finance Development Program (FDP) gives entry-level undergraduates an opportunity to launch their finance careers. The program consists of four different six-month global finance rotational assignments and a significant academic focus to build solid finance and business skills.
"The Finance Development Program is our primary, entry-level pipeline for finance leadership talent. Our leadership team is 100% committed to a world-class program, with top talent from around the world ... and we are making a significant commitment in the development of this group. I fully expect Dell’s future finance leadership to be FDP graduates!" — Brian T. Gladden, Dell CFO
Are you an ideal candidate? Dell is looking for individuals who are:
- Driven, self-starting undergraduates
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4, Honors 2.1 or equivalent
- Business internship experience
- Global experiences
- Extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated leadership initiative
- Effective communication skills
On a case-by-case basis, qualified nonfinance graduates may also be considered for the program. Participants gain:
- Multiple job experiences and extensive professional career development
- Breadth of understanding and knowledge of Dell and Dell Finance
- A global network of Dell professionals
- Exposure to executive management
- Enhanced communication and presentation skills
- Priority setting skills and as an effective professional
- A wide breadth of career experiences in a short period of time
- Opportunities to demonstrate and build leadership capabilities
The Accelerated Development Program includes:
- MBA-type finance and business coursework and case studies
- Exams to ensure knowledge retention
- Networking and exposure to executive leadership
- Pairing with seasoned mentors
- Development sessions and workshops
- Robust performance feedback and career development planning
Structured curriculum with subject matter experts is delivered in classroom and virtual settings, regional forums and case study assignments with a different finance concentration each semester. Program faculty and mentors are members of Dell’s finance leadership. Technical training as well as soft skills training is offered in the curriculum.
Expected career paths
Based on performance, skill sets and individual career aspirations, graduates of the FDP have several options for careers in Dell Finance, including positions in Global Audit and across the global finance organization. The program accelerates career paths for the participants.
Program participants may earn the opportunity to work in a rotation in one of Dell’s global regions, including Asia, Europe, North America, South America and the Middle East. Assignments will be based on individual performance and business needs of Dell Finance. These assignments are extremely competitive and not guaranteed for every participant.