Greener Technology: Practical Solutions for Environmental Issues
Every day, you have the opportunity to make greener choices, but when choosing technology, you don’t want to compromise on cost, performance or reliability. At Dell, we believe you shouldn’t have to, which is why we strive to ensure that people and companies don’t have to make trade-offs to be green.
We make this a reality by delivering practical products and services that make an impact on real environmental issues, because at the heart of green is the powerful idea that better ways are possible. Better ways to use time, money and resources. Better ways to live, work and succeed in our world. Working with customers and suppliers, we’ve achieved significant milestones in recycling and packaging greener products and solutions within our own operations and supply chain, including those listed below. Learn more about environmental initiatives made by Dell at www.dell.com/environment
- Industry's first worldwide free consumer recycling program. Learn more.
- First in industry to introduce packaging made from renewable bamboo. Learn more.
- Ranked No. 1 in Newsweek’s 2010 U.S. 500 Green Rankings. Learn more.
- First to achieve 80 PLUS Gold energy efficiency. Learn more.
- Eight campuses in the U.S. and Europe powered by 100 percent renewable energy. Learn more.
- 2010 recipient of InfoWorld Green 15 Award.
- First tech company to offer carbon offsets to customers. Learn more.
- Ranked No. 1 in the Corporate Sustainability Index benchmark report released by TBR in 2009. Learn more.
- Rated the leading green brand among IT buyers in Green Factors study. Learn more.
Looking ahead, Dell remains focused on helping customers achieve their environmental goals, including lowering CO2 emissions, driving new efficiencies and reducing operating costs. This extends to our long-term efforts to architect and drive energy efficiency in our products, solutions and the data center through The Green Grid, ecolabels such as ENERGY STAR and EPEAT, our internal Design for Environment specifications and other initiatives.
Learn more about our holistic approach to energy efficiency in enterprise environments with The Efficient Enterprise and Making a Successful Transition to a Green IT Infrastructure.