Dell’s Ed4Good Social Media Initiative
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. Eligibility: Ed4Good (the “Initiative”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dell Marketing U.S.A. L.P., Dell Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Initiative. Dell’s donation to a charity of the winner’s choice is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Dell Marketing L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.
3. Timing: The Initiative begins on February 25, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. CT and ends at 4:00 p.m. CT on 10/03/2011 (the "Entry Period").
4. How to Enter:
Participants must be invited and approved by Dell. Participants must register online:
or Email us at: Dell4good@gmail.com
Once approved by Dell and registered, participating teams will be assigned a #hashtag for use in the Initiative.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Charitable Contribution Award: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Initiative and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Initiative. On or around March 10, 2011, Sponsor will conduct a review of the number of social media posts containing the assigned hashtag using the Radian6 social media monitoring tool to select the potential Initiative winners from all eligible participants during March 10, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. CT to 4:00 p.m. CT. The potential winners will be notified by email. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release in order to have a donation made to the charity of their choice. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the donation to the charity of their choice. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the donation to a charity of the choice to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prizes: Dell will donate $10,000 to the charity of the winner’s choice. The charity must be a 501(c)3, meet the Dell Charitable contribution policies and is subject to the final approval of Dell. The donation is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Dell Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Initiative or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Initiative constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Initiative, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Initiative, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Initiative or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Initiative may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Initiative; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Initiative; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Initiative or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Initiative or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Initiative, provided that the Entry Period has not ended. If the Initiative is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Initiative or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Initiative, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
13. Mailing List Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list please email: DellEd4Good@gmail.com