|Recycle your computer equipment through our mail-back program|
Dell wants to make recycling a simple and easy process for you, so we have partnered with FedEx to bring you our Mail-back Recycling Program. Through this program, you can responsibly recycle your unwanted equipment and avoid cluttering your attic, closet, garage or landfills without ever leaving your home.
Recycle Your Dell
We'll pick up any Dell product for free, anywhere in the United States through the FedEx Package Return Program. To properly recycle your equipment through this service, please review the following steps:
- Delete all data from your hard drive
- Locate your unique identification number, also called the service tag, on outside of equipment
- Complete the Online Waybill form and print your shipping label
- Package your equipment and affix shipping label. Note: Dell does not provide packaging materials
- Drop off at a local FedEx location or call (800) Go-FedEx (800-463-3339) to schedule your pickup. Let FedEx know you would like to schedule a pickup for the Dell Package Return Program.
Recycle any brand with purchase of a new Dell
In addition, if you buy a new Dell product, we’ll recycle your old computer even if it isn’t a Dell–branded product. Just select "free recycling" when you are customizing your new system and we’ll recycle your old electronic equipment at no cost to you, anywhere in the US.
Printer Supplies Recycling
Keep your used cartridges out of landfills as well. Did you know it takes 1,000 years or more for one ink or toner cartridge to decompose inside a landfill? You can recycle all of your Dell ink and toner cartridges — for free — with us.
*NOTICE REGARDING CUSTOMER DATA: You are responsible for all confidential data that may be stored on the products. Before you ship the products for recycling, you are responsible for: (a) deleting the data on the hard disk drives and any other storage devices in the products; (b) backing up or transferring any data prior to deletion and (c) removing any removable media, such as diskettes, CDs or PC Cards. (See Terms and Conditions for additional information.) Dell does not accept liability for lost or confidential data or for any software.