American Red Cross empowers social assistance through social media
Date : 7/1/2015
The relationship between the Red Cross and Dell has been critical in helping the Red Cross use social media to carry out its disaster response mission.
Suzy DeFrancis, Chief Public Affairs Officer, American Red Cross, United States
ChallengeThe American Red Cross wanted to expand its social media capabilities to better engage communities day-to-day while responding faster and more effectively to disasters.
SolutionTo further support community engagement and disaster response, the agency added a third Digital Operations Center in San Jose, California, in partnership with Dell and backed by the Dell Social Media and Digital Marketing Services.
Benefits• Enables more proactive social engagement and response to crisis situations
• Accelerates capacity to connect people with needed resources after disasters
• Improves identification of requirements in disaster areas
• Targets specific relief responses more efficiently
• Provides emotional support to communities affected by disasters
• Supports local Red Cross chapters in engaging their local communities