Consistent low-latency trading without sacrificing performance
You don’t have to give up speed — and the competitive advantage it brings — for a more consistent trading frequency from your server. Dell Processor Acceleration Technology empowers Dell PowerEdge R620, R720 and R720xd servers — featuring the E5-2690 processor — to run at a higher, more consistent and more predictable frequency.
Dell Processor Acceleration Technology allows you to tune system processor performance to your specific algorithm, set the number of active processor cores and lock-in your settings. Your system will have:
- Faster processing and calculation
- Lower latency
- Reduced inconsistent trading frequencies (or "jitter")
Available for the following servers with Intel® Xeon® E5-2690 processors and integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC):
- 12th generation PowerEdge R620 rack server
- 12th generation PowerEdge R720 rack server
- 12th generation PowerEdge R720xd rack server
The BIOS is available for download at: http://www.support.dell.com
Contact Dell to discover more about Dell Processor Acceleration Technology and its advantage over system and processor latency.
It enables flexible control of Intel® Turbo Boost so you can run trading applications on a single thread at the highest frequencies and still reduce “jitter” (inconsistent trading frequency). Dell Processor Acceleration Technology helps minimize overall system and processor latency due to varying data loads, thermal changes and current demands. The solution:
- Saves power — Unused cores are set to idle instead of wasting power constantly running them at high frequency.
- Provides interoperability — Works with Microsoft® Windows® operating system (OS) as well as Linux® OS.
- Optimizes cache — Enables the highest levels of Intel® Xeon® E5-2690 processor L3 cache.
Contact Dell and discover more about how Dell Processor Acceleration Technology allows you to run your server at a higher, consistent and predictable frequency.
Dell Processor Acceleration Technology is available on the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R620, R720, R720xd servers with Intel® Xeon®E5-2690 top-bin processor and integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC).
- 12th generation PowerEdge R620 Rack Server
- 12th generation PowerEdge R720 Rack Server
- 12th generation PowerEdge R720xd Rack Server
The Dell Processor Acceleration Technology is enabled with a few simple commands, and is part of our December 2012 BIOS update. You can download it to your server, free of charge, at: http://www.support.dell.com
Contact Dell for more information about how this processor enhancement can give you a low-latency edge over your competitors.