Mobility Personified, Collaboration Made Simple; Dell Debuts New Ultra-Portable Laptop And Updated Mobile Workstation
- New Dell Latitude 13 is world’s thinnest 13-inch commercial client laptop
- New Latitude includes robust remote manageability, virtualization-ready design and security features with ultra-thin style
- Precision M6500, the world’s most powerful mobile workstation, now available with new Intel® Core® i7 and i5 dual core processors
Dell Latitude 13 and Dell Precision M6500 — the “Beauty and Beast” of Business Computing
Designed as core additions to Dell’s lineup of commercial PCs, the Latitude 13 ultra-portable and Dell Precision M6500 dual core mobile workstation meet the needs of an increasingly mobile and collaborative workforce, enabling customers to work anywhere at any time with anyone, breaking down the borders of business as usual.
The “beauty” – Dell’s stylish, ultra-thin Latitude 13 delivers everyday productivity and business versatility while respecting IT budgets. Features such as remote manageability, optional integrated Webcam/microphone, and on-the-go connectivity keep users working at full capacity. The Latitude 13 will support desktop virtualization through certification from Citrix and VMware. It offers mobility end users want, combined with the security and management features IT departments require.
Additional product highlights include:
- Comprehensive systems management with support for Broadcom® TruManage™ technology and Dell ImageDirect service which lets IT create, update and deploy system images 24/7 from a secure online location;
- Virtualization-ready design lets IT cost-effectively deliver a full PC experience to users in non-standard computing environments such as call centers, regional offices and hotels;
- Customized security offerings including solid-state drives (SSD), full disk encryption (FDE), Trusted Platform Module (TPM)¹ control and Computrace software;
- On-the-go connectivity with optional WWAN mobile broadband, Bluetooth and 802.11g/n wireless LAN options help to keep customers connected wherever work takes them; and
- Optional external Blu-ray Disc™ drive or ability to download photos to the 5-in-1 media-card reader.
The Dell Latitude 13 will be available for order in the coming weeks. More details are available at www.dell.com/latitude.
The “beast” – Dell’s Precision M6500, the world’s most powerful mobile workstation - is now available with the option of next-generation Intel Core i7 or Core i5 dual core processors for optimum computing power. The M6500 dual core enables customers to work wherever and whenever inspiration strikes them with the power of a desktop workstation in a portable package.
Additional product highlights include:
- Optional Intel Core i7-920XM Quad Core Extreme Edition, Core i7 dual core or Core i5 dual core processor linked with fast with 1066MHz, 1333MHz and 1600MHz memory;
- Support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP®, along with Red Hat® Linux 5.3 64-bit;
- Optional RGB LED edge-to-edge 17-inch screen with 100 percent user-selectable color gamut support;
- Of the top four mobile workstation vendors, the Dell Precision M6500 is the only mobile workstation to offer optional RAID 5 and three internal storage devices. With the option of three internal storage drives and a 64GB SSD MiniCard, users can add up to two additional HDD’s in a RAID 0 or 1 for a max configuration more than 1TB.
- The system can be enhanced with the addition of the optional, USB 3.0, 3.2MP camera, and Gobi 2.0 support.
The dual-core versions of the Dell Precision M6500 will be available for order in the coming weeks. More details are available at www.dell.com/precision.
Dell Services offers a suite of highly customizable service and support solutions throughout the PC lifecycle including Dell ProSupport² and Dell ProManage. Dell also offers a robust set of services for organizations looking to migrate to Windows® 7. In addition, Dell offers flexible computing solutions, working with organizations to build a comprehensive solution for virtualization-infrastructure sizing, deployment and ongoing support.
“Our customers’ issues are our issues and we’re increasingly seeing that solutions, not hardware is the center of the conversation,” said Brett McAnally, director, Dell Product Group. “With the Latitude 13 and Dell Precision M6500 dual core, we’re refocusing our solutions to ensure we solve key customer concerns such as mobility and collaboration.”
“The Dell Precision M6500 dual core is a welcome addition to our mobile workstation family as we strive to meet the needs of a diverse and demanding workforce,” says Greg Weir, senior manager, Dell Precision workstations. “Combined with our robust ‘eco system’ of partners, the M6500 dual core enables users to work without compromise while reaping the benefits of a system that’s tailored to meet their unique computing needs.”
“Mobility and collaboration have shifted from a business perk to a critical necessity,” said Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. “With the Latitude 13 and Dell Precision M6500 Dell is offering two solid mobility options that also open the lines of collaboration.”
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they need and value. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
¹TPM not available in all regions
²Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit www.dell.com/servicedescriptions.
Dell, Dell Precision and Latitude are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.