Dell Unleashes Alienware as Premier Gaming Brand with Launch of M17x Laptop
- New M17x the ‘Most-Powerful 17” Laptop in Universe’
- Alienware’s Global Presence Will Expand from Six to 35 Countries
- ‘All Powerful’ Marketing Campaign Unites Gaming Enthusiasts Worldwide
Hard-core gamers and technology enthusiasts will find much to celebrate with the new Alienware M17x from Dell. The new Alienware M17x is the most powerful 17-inch gaming notebook in the universe and delivers a pulse-pounding, life-like experience.
In support of the launch, Dell unveiled a new “All Powerful” marketing campaign to reach gamers throughout the universe and that it will expand Alienware’s presence from six to 35 countries. Just as Dell’s Adamo brand represents premium craftsmanship and design, Alienware represents premium performance in the Dell consumer product portfolio and is the new standard-bearer in the broader gaming and technology space.
As the newest member of Dell’s premium performance brand, the Alienware M17x features:
· Striking design – including anodized aluminum casing, aggressive lines and a unique chassis – that definitely makes a statement in public;
· Uncompromised technology that sets the benchmark within the industry and makes it a key pillar within Dell’s consumer product portfolio; and
· The unique visual ID of the Alienware brand.
Gamers around the world will have access to Alienware’s powerhouse system which includes:
· New Anodized Aluminum Industrial Design with color options and personalized laser engraved nameplate
· Up to Dual 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 280M graphics processing units (GPUs)* with SLI™ technology
· Configurable with Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme Quad-core overclockable Mobile Processor*
· Up to 8GB DDR3* 1333MHz Memory
· 1TB* 7200RPM or 512GB of
· Optional Beyond HD resolution with a WUXGA 1200p (1920 x 1200) Edge-to-Edge LCD design
· Internal Wireless a/g/draft-n with MIMO (2x2) Technology
· Exclusive designed AlienFX® Illuminated Keyboard
· NVIDIA® GeForce® 9400M G1 GPU with HybridPower™ technology
· Microsoft® Windows Vista® (64 bit)
“The Alienware M17x is a gamer’s dream and sets the universal standard for 17-inch laptops that enthusiasts worldwide will love,” said Michael Tatelman, vice president of sales and marketing for Dell’s consumer business. “Alienware’s premium performance is critically important to the larger Dell consumer product portfolio, and our new ‘All Powerful’ branding campaign conveys the brand’s technological strength as much as Adamo conveys precision craftsmanship and design.”
“With the introduction of the Alienware M17x and our aggressive expansion into new countries and new languages, everyone will be able to experience the most innovative and immersive gaming experience,” says Arthur Lewis, general manager of Dell’s Gaming Group. “The M17x sets a new benchmark for combining out-of-this-world performance with the industrial design our customers have come to expect.”
“ Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme Quad-core Mobile Processors are the natural next step in gaming laptop performance innovation,” says Randy Stude, director Consumer PC Group, Intel Corporation . “With the combination of this forward-thinking technology and Alienware’s propensity for cutting-edge performance and design, Intel and Dell are setting a new standard for gaming systems worldwide.”
“Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M GPUs with NVIDIA SLI Technology is the fastest notebook graphics solution available, so the Alienware M17x is out of this world for gaming,” says Rene Haas, general manager of notebooks at NVIDIA. “Add the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M GPU designed for battery saving operation into the mix, and the M17x is truly a groundbreaking system with its three NVIDIA GPUs.”
Anticipation for the new Alienware landing began last month with the launch of www.allpowerful.com. The site, which heralded the arrival of something new, big and game-changing, attracted nearly 100,000 visitors in its first two weeks, with more than 25 percent registering to witness the arrival of the M17x and become part of the Alienware/Dell gaming community.
Written in Alienware’s custom “alien language,” the site featured a countdown clock timed with the debut of the laptop at
Alienware’s Facebook page
Follow Alienware on Twitter
Alienware’s MySpace page
Dell’s Flickr page
People worldwide can buy Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) online, by phone and through 24,000 stores.
Alienware, Dell’s premier high-performance PC gaming brand, offers unique and award-winning computers that incorporate innovative engineering and are designed with state-of-the-art components. Credited as being one of the first PC gaming hardware manufacturers, Alienware remains committed towards creating industry-leading trends in the high-performance gaming arena and Alienware Area-51TM system was ranked in PC World’s “The 25 Greatest PCs of All Time” in 2006. Alienware manufactures a diverse selection of customizable high-performance desktop and notebook systems that attract a broad range of customers who demand world class performance and design.
The Alienware M17x will be available direct in 35 countries and 17 languages, spanning the Dell, Alienware and Adamo are registered trademarks of Dell, Inc.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
* Dell does not recommend operating the processor or other system components beyond factory default settings. This may cause system instability and reduce the operating life of your components.
* Significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
* GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environments and will be less.
Dell, Alienware and Adamo are registered trademarks of Dell, Inc.