Dell Cloud Business Applications Make It Easy for Growing Businesses to Improve Performance
- Small and medium-business solution announced today includes family of trusted SaaS applications with Dell Boomi™ integration and comprehensive, end-to-end Dell services
- Dell expands partnership with one of the cloud computing leaders salesforce.com
- Solution includes cloud analytics service, giving SMBs greater visibility into business-wide performance
Small and medium businesses (SMBs) can now take full advantage of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to drive outstanding business performance using Dell Cloud Business Applications - a family of integrated SaaS applications with cross-application cloud analytics supported by end-to-end Dell services.
Key benefits include easy and affordable integration with existing software; integrated best-of-breed cloud applications selected, tested and backed by Dell; and real-time online analytics and reporting across multiple business functions. Dell Cloud Business Applications can solve the top pain points cited by customers contemplating a move to the cloud. The total solution includes:
- Access to Leading SaaS Applications – With an initial CRM offering from Dell and salesforce.com available today, Dell will provide additional SaaS applications for marketing, accounting and other functions next year. Dell takes the guesswork out of choosing the best SaaS applications for SMBs by carefully selecting those that meet the functionality, security and scalability they require.
- Integration with Existing Software – Using Dell Boomi’s award winning integration solution, Dell integrates cloud applications with customers' existing on-premise or cloud software so they can seamlessly make the journey to the cloud without sacrificing previous software investments and disrupting existing business processes.
- Real-time Business Visibility and Analytics – Dell will provide one unified window into business performance across multiple functions via robust, intuitive cross-application dashboards and reports delivered as a cloud service. These dashboards place sophisticated data analytics once only available to large enterprises within reach of growing businesses, giving them better visibility into performance. For example, both CEOs and CFOs can use these reports to get real-time updates on how sales forecasting trends are aligning with the company’s financial plan.
- Comprehensive Services – Dell’s implementation services help customers easily design, develop and deploy the cloud applications that work best for their business. With everything needed to get up and running quickly, implementation packages are available in Basic, Professional and Premier Editions to address a variety of customer needs.
Dell Cloud Business Applications will be delivered through a Dell-branded cloud service complete with business grade single sign-on and security.
Dell expands strategic partnership with salesforce.com
Dell is expanding its partnership with salesforce.com to deliver an integrated CRM solution by connecting the Salesforce Sales Cloud to a variety of back office applications including financial software such as Intuit QuickBooks® and Microsoft Dynamics™ GP. The offering is designed to make sales and accounting more productive by automating the cash to collections process, reducing manual data re-entry and freeing up employees to focus on business goals rather than data replication. The new, end-to-end offering will include cross-application reporting, giving CXOs better visibility into their business.
Dell Cloud Business Applications will be supported by a network of experienced SaaS systems integrators and consultants who deliver a variety of value-added services and expand Dell’s successful PartnerDirect program. For a full view of Dell’s SaaS partner network or to become a registered or certified SaaS partner, visit www.dellcloudapplications.com.
Pricing and availability
Dell’s Cloud integrated CRM solution is available today in the U.S. Package pricing including saleforce.com and Dell Boomi integration starts at $565 per month. Pricing for Dell implementation services packages start at $5,000. Dell’s Cloud Integrated Analytics service will be available in the first half of 2012.
Dell Cloud Solutions help companies of all sizes drive results
Customers are looking to cloud computing to speed the return on their investments and increase agility and innovation, and they want a variety of ways to make the transition. Dell designs its Cloud Solutions to help customers achieve these results without conflicting with existing operations. Current and future Dell cloud offerings will help customers build and operate cloud infrastructures, develop and integrate applications, and consume and deliver content anytime, anywhere and on any device.
This week at VMworld Dell also announced the availability of Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud Datacenter Services. The enterprise class cloud offering is the first public and hybrid cloud offering by Dell and is part of its strategy to provide customers next-generation computing solutions composed of hardware, software and services.
To receive real-time advice on how, why and when to invest in Saas and cloud computing, customers are invited to join Dell for a Tweet Chat on September 8 at Noon CT/10 a.m. PT. The Tweet Chat will offer a unique opportunity to connect with small business expert Rhonda Abrams, analyst R "Ray" Wang, Dell cloud evangelist Bill Odell, Dell Boomi CTO Rick Nucci and other businesses on this topic. Interested customers can participate by using hashtag #dellcloudbizapps. In addition, a series of Webinars with small business expert Rhonda Abrams will dive into the benefits of this critical business tool starting September 28.
“As I meet with customers around the world, it becomes clear to me their top priority is increasing productivity – and that’s the business we are in,” said Steve Felice, president, Consumer, Small and Medium Business, Dell. “Dell Cloud Business Applications is a perfect example of how Dell is delivering technology solutions -- in this case SaaS -- that increase productivity and the return on investment our customers’ demand in today’s tough economy.”
“The journey to the cloud can be intimidating for small businesses whom want the benefits of leading edge software but are wary of the hype and unclear of what it truly takes to be successful,” said R “Ray” Wang, CEO, Constellation Research. “With Cloud Business Applications Dell demonstrates it understands the unique needs of this large market, delivering a total solution from application to integration, analytics and services.”
“We are thrilled to partner with Dell to help customers of all SMBs move to the cloud and transform themselves into social enterprises,” said George Hu, executive vice president, platform, marketing and operations, salesforce.com.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us at Dell World 2011 – Unlocking Innovation in a Virtual Era. Bringing together top IT visionaries, leaders and experts, Dell World attendees will learn about and share some of the most innovative strategies and techniques taking place in IT today. Learn more at www.DellWorld.com or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
*Pricing and availability:
Offers subject to change, may not be combinable with other offers. Taxes, shipping, handling and other fees extra and not subject to discount. U.S. Dell
Small Business new purchases only. LIMIT: 5 DISCOUNTED OR PROMOTIONAL ITEMS PER CUSTOMER. Dell reserves the right to cancel orders arising from
pricing or other errors.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.