Dell Outstrips the Competition as Customers Globally Increasingly Select Dell Enterprise Solutions to Innovate Their Business
|Share.||Follow.||Join the conversation.|
- TAGAL reduces total cost of ownership by up to 20 percent with Dell enterprise solutions and services
- Redstation achieves growth of up to 70 percent a year with the help of Dell PowerEdge servers
- Lopez Negrete transfers large multimedia files in seconds instead of minutes with Dell Storage and Networking
Building on the strategy announced at Dell Enterprise Forum, to help customers innovate their business, Dell today announced that customers are increasingly selecting Dell enterprise solutions to meet their business needs and to successfully grow and scale. Dell’s strategy and solutions, including the PowerEdge 12th generation servers, are designed to address these dynamic business requirements while also offering high levels of efficiency, productivity, reliability and cost savings.
“Dell’s ability to deliver a flexible data center with open, scalable and integrated solutions is attractive to customers looking to simplify and generate the most value out of their IT investment,” said Forrest Norrod, vice president and general manager of Dell Server Solutions. “Recent analyst data and anecdotal customer stories underscore that Dell is growing share, and particularly server share from the competition. Customers are turning to Dell to process more data, support more applications, reduce infrastructure complexity and increase efficiency to achieve better business results faster.”
Those customers choosing Dell over competitors’ solutions include:
- TAGAL reduces total cost of ownership by up to 20 percent and improves customer response times with Dell enterprise solutions and services: TAGAL, a China-based steel manufacturer, needed to upgrade its IT infrastructure to a highly reliable, available and serviceable platform to produce products quickly for its customers and prepare to meet growing market demand. TAGAL states it turned to Dell Services to implement a comprehensive RISC migration from HP UNIX to Microsoft Windows platform using a Dell end-to-end solution comprised of Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers, Dell EqualLogic storage, Dell Networking switches, and a Dell DR backup and recovery appliance along with outsourced infrastructure management.
“When we were comparing proposed solutions, Dell’s offering stood out clearly because it was an end-to-end solution,” said Zhang Wei, chief technology officer, TAGAL. “Having a single point of contact to take care of all of the elements of our data center has resulted in a reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) of up to 20 percent and more importantly, peace of mind for our IT team.”
In addition to reducing TCO, TAGAL states it also experienced:
- Up to 75 percent time savings for the IT team by outsourcing IT infrastructure
- Increased application performance by up to two times with robust storage
- Data recovery two times faster with a disk based backup solution
- Redstation achieves growth of up to 70 percent a year with the help of Dell PowerEdge servers: As a hosting company in the United Kingdom serving clients in more than 100 countries, Redstation knew it had to find an innovative solution to stay competitive. As announced earlier today, Redstation selected Dell servers, rolling out different models of the Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers as well as Dell PowerVault storage to deliver improved value to customers in the cloud and hosting industries.
“Redstation is driving success with the help of Dell solutions,” said Martin Groom, managing director, Redstation. “The company regularly assesses solutions from the likes of HP, but we always opt for Dell. We can maintain our competitiveness in the hosting and cloud services market because of the performance of our Dell technology. Dell is always evolving its technology to meet the changing needs of businesses. From the perspective of a hosting provider, Dell can’t be matched right now.”
With Dell PowerEdge servers, Redstation states it was able to:
- Drive up to 70 percent expansion a year
- Cut its overhead with up to a 72 percent drop in server power use
- Reduce clients’ time troubleshooting by up to 80 percent
- Help clients focus on business success through easy server management
- Lopez Negrete transfers large multimedia files in seconds instead of minutes, reclaiming hours of productivity per day with Dell Storage and Networking: US-based Hispanic marketing agency Lopez Negrete needed to accommodate business and data growth by upgrading its storage capabilities and overall network to support server virtualization. The agency states it chose to replace its HP SAN and 3Com switches with a Dell Compellent Storage Center SAN and Dell Networking switches, with services and support from Dell partner Tradentrix.
“The difference in performance from our old infrastructure is like night and day,” said Chris Casey, information technology manager of Lopez Negrete. “It’s like going from the old cartoon where you use your feet for the brakes in the car to having something modern and automated.”
With the help of Dell’s expanded storage capabilities, Lopez Negrete states it realized:
- A drastic reduction of multimedia file transfers from minutes to seconds
- Up to 50 percent in cost savings on its network infrastructure upgrade
- Up to 40 percent improvement in storage utilization
- Reliable data protection with hourly SAN-level snapshots
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell and PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.