Dell Launches New Backup and Disaster Recovery Suite Giving Customers Access to Entire Data Protection Portfolio with a Single Capacity-based License
- Innovative Dell Software backup and recovery offering includes AppAssure, NetVault Backup and vRanger, reducing backup complexity and lowering total cost of ownership
- Capacity licensing model prevents customers from overpaying by offering freedom to purchase only the protection they need today, and add capacity as their business grows
- New suite enables customers to achieve maximum ROI by utilizing the backup and recovery capabilities they need, when and where they need them
Dell Software today announced the release of the Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite, a new data protection bundle that gives customers access to the company’s full backup and recovery software portfolio by way of a single capacity-based licensing model. Dell Software’s first combined data protection offering, the Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite includes AppAssure, NetVault Backup and vRanger, delivering three variations of critical enterprise and virtualization backup software in one package to help customers create a highly resilient application environment across physical, virtual or cloud infrastructures.
Traditional one-size-fits-all data protection strategies are forcing customers to choose between overpaying for capabilities they don’t need, or under-protecting mission-critical assets they can’t live without. With the Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite, customers can better align backup to business by mixing and matching data protection technologies to quickly and easily create a custom solution based upon their unique needs, in turn helping make their businesses more resilient.
Priced by front-end terabyte, the Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite features a capacity-based licensing model that enables customers to access the specific data protection capabilities they need without having to overpay for those they don’t. Users can classify the criticality of their data and applications, and then use the specific Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite product that best matches the recovery requirements of a given asset.
- The combination of AppAssure, NetVault Backup and vRanger gives customers access to a broad range of end-to-end backup and recovery capabilities in a single suite. AppAssure enables customers to back up entire applications and data in minutes, and restore in seconds across physical, virtual and cloud environments; NetVault Backup delivers cross-platform, enterprise-grade protection with unparalleled ease of use; and vRanger delivers scalable, agentless protection for both VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Customers can use the products of the Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite in any combination they desire. For example, users might initially leverage AppAssure to perform snapshots of mission-critical data every 15 minutes, and once that data ages, use NetVault Backup to move it to tape for long-term retention or archive.
- With the Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite, customers can reduce costs by paying for only what they need today, and adding additional capacity down the road as their data grows. Tiered pricing for the suite starts at just $5,000 per terabyte for up to five terabytes of front-end capacity, and, through volume discount pricing, reaches as low as $2,250 per terabyte for users protecting more than 250 terabytes of data, to help customers save as their needs expand.
- The Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite will be available worldwide in the third quarter of 2014, both direct from Dell or through the channel. AppAssure, NetVault Backup and vRanger all remain available as individually priced, standalone offerings. All three are available direct from Dell or through the channel.
Brett Roscoe, executive director of product development, data protection, Dell Software
“When it comes to backup and recovery, customers are all too often forced to choose between overpaying or under-protecting. With today’s announcement, Dell is eliminating this need to compromise. The Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite gives customers the flexibility to leverage our entire portfolio of backup software solutions by way of a single, capacity-based licensing model. We continue to innovate and develop new capabilities and solutions, and with this announcement, we are assuring customers they’ll have access to all of Dell industry leading backup capabilities. The Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite delivers a combination of cost, capabilities and simplicity no other backup vendor can match .”
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Tweet This: New @Dell Backup & Disaster Recovery Suite delivers rich capabilities without compromise
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others