Dell EMC Expands Broad Microsoft Support, Delivering New Innovations across Cloud and Converged Infrastructure
- Azure Backup – a flexible, secure, scalable backup solution in Microsoft’s cloud management portfolio. With no capital investment and consumption-based pricing, this service delivers significant cost savings while protecting data running in virtual machines or on physical servers, as well as in Azure.
- Azure Dev/Test Labs – a service that allows developers and testers to create and provision Windows and Linux environments quickly using reusable templates and pre-provisioned environments in Azure. As a result, customers can minimize time and waste, control costs and scale-up load testing efficiently.
- Azure Business Continuity Solution – utilizes multiple Azure services delivered with Dell EMC consulting, provisioning, break/fix support, and single-source pay-as-you-go billing. This solution brings enterprise-class business continuity to small businesses by making it accessible and radically simpler without having to design, build, or maintain it on their own.
- Glarner Kantonalbank, an innovative digital Swiss bank, wanted to upgrade its already successful hybrid cloud. Glarner Kantonalbank chose the DHCS, installed with the help of Dell EMC Deployment Services, in the first rollout of its kind in Europe. As a result, it can expand and become a full service provider of digital services for other banks.
- CGI Group Inc., the fifth largest independent information technology and business process services firm in the world, offers private cloud deployments with a customized approach to meet client requirements. With DHCS, the company significantly improves time-to-value for clients by simplifying deployments, reducing risks, and cutting deployment time by up to 50 percent.
- PeeringOne, a Malaysian-based cloud provider, needed to meet growing customer demand for cloud services and guarantee reliability and performance. The modular scale-out architecture of the DHCS enabled PeeringOne to minimize capital expenditure and leverage cost savings to ensure compelling customer price points.
- Pulsant, a UK-based cloud hosting company, increasingly required a hybrid cloud based on Microsoft technology. After running a successful proof of concept, the company deployed two DHCS appliances and expects its new hybrid cloud offerings to drive up to $2 million (US) in new business.
- Dell EMC Validated System for Microsoft SQL is designed for superior performance, significant cost savings and scalability for future needs. It allows customers to process in-memory online transaction processing (OLTP) workloads up 30 times faster with Microsoft SQL Server 2016, as well as consolidate sprawling legacy databases with the latest Dell EMC PowerEdge R830 servers for a modern data warehousing solution with exceptional performance and total cost of ownership.
- The Dell EMC Validated System for Microsoft Exchange is a pre-architected and validated datacenter solution for email workloads. The highly scalable system delivers faster time to value by shortening the design, delivery and configuration time for Exchange Server 2016. Designed for exceptional scalability, this converged system lowers cost of ownership through resource consolidation, optimized storage design and efficient system management built on the Dell EMC PowerEdge R730xd server.
- Azure Backup, Azure Dev/Test Labs and Dell EMC Validated System for Exchange are available today.
- Azure Business Continuity Solution has planned availability in October 2016.
- Dell EMC Validated System for Microsoft SQL has planned availability in early 2017.
- Dell Boomi announces connectivity support for the Cortana Intelligence Suite on the Microsoft Azure platform here
- Dell Unveils its Best Mobile Thin Clients Yet with Enterprise-Class Performance and Security here'
- Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft web page
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services from Dell EMC web page
- Dell EMC Validated System for Microsoft Exchange web page
- Connect with Dell EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn. For the latest news from Dell EMC, follow @DellEMCNews on Twitter.
● New Microsoft Azure Cloud Services from Dell EMC help customers easily adopt hybrid cloud, streamline operations and extend the functionality of their IT infrastructure
● Dell EMC customers worldwide experience the positive benefits and improved business results from the Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft
● New Dell EMC Validated Systems for Microsoft Exchange and Validated Systems for Microsoft SQL provide fast and flexible infrastructure for business intelligence and collaboration
Dell EMC today announced broadened support of Microsoft environments with new Microsoft Azure Services, Validated Systems for Microsoft Exchange and SQL, as well as customer momentum for the Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft. The new services and validated systems can enable customers to increase business agility, improve efficiencies and lower costs with highly customizable hybrid cloud and infrastructure solutions.
“For more than 30 years, Dell EMC and Microsoft have focused on delivering best in class, innovative solutions that span the entire Microsoft product portfolio to organizations all over the world,” said Jim Ganthier, senior vice president, Validated Solutions Organization, Dell EMC Converged Platforms Solution Division. “Together, we are working to both simplify and accelerate customers’ journey to the cloud, helping them build individualized cloud solutions that are future-proofed for business and IT transformation.”
Through this alliance, Dell EMC today announced availability of a new suite of Azure Cloud Services, which enables customers to easily adopt hybrid cloud services, increasing efficiencies and extending the capabilities of their IT infrastructure. These cloud services are hosted, managed and delivered from Azure. Backed by Dell EMC enterprise-grade service level agreements, 24/7 tech support and service health monitoring, customers pay only for the services consumed and without long-term contracts. The new services include:
Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft Gains Momentum, Help Businesses to Simplify Cloud Delivery, Management and Scale
Since introduced in October 2015, customers from financial services to technology providers have selected the Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System (DHCS) for Microsoft to power their hybrid cloud environments. These customers are benefiting from the industry’s first integrated, hybrid cloud solution that offers simplified, automated deployment and maintenance capabilities and unparalleled hybrid cloud governance, control, and policy-based automation for Azure with an optional, unique payment solution to reduce investment risk:
New Validated Systems Drive Business Intelligence and Collaboration Efforts
Dell EMC’s converged infrastructure leadership spans tested and validated reference architectures, solution bundles, validated systems and turnkey, fully engineered systems for a variety of use cases. The Dell EMC converged infrastructure portfolio covers the “build” to “buy” continuum, so customers can easily and effectively adopt key technologies, such as flash, software-defined storage and scale-out architectures, in industry leading offerings, purpose built for wherever they are in their digital transformation journey. In support of its service-defined infrastructure approach, Dell EMC today unveiled two additions to its Validated Systems portfolio:
These new Dell EMC Validated Systems can be configured, quoted and ordered in minutes, while lifecycle management tools allow customers to easily deploy, scale and update systems.
Mike Oreno, system administrator at ARIIX
"With Microsoft Azure Backup services from Dell EMC, we are saving more than 65 percent compared to our previous solution. Rather than waiting for a report at the end of the month, we can see exactly how much data was backed up each night. This insight saves time and helps us be more proactive supporting the business."
Ralf Luchsinger, chief information officer at Glarner Kantonalbank
“We estimate that the Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft solution will have paid for itself within a year as a result of the team being able to take a lot of services back in-house that we’d previously outsourced. Additionally, we can be creative rather than reactive with our hybrid cloud from Dell EMC. We’re in a good place to stay ahead of the competition.”
Dimitris Karabinis, solutions architect in CGI’s U.S. Global Infrastructure Services and Onshore Delivery
“The Dell Hybrid Cloud System is helping us prepare for whatever the future may hold with its extraordinary scalability and ease of installation. It enables us to focus less on building and maintaining infrastructure and more on delivering the high-value services our clients need going forward.”
Wong Chee Voon, managing director at PeeringOne
“We can offer customers in Malaysia the full value of cloud IT for improving business performance while reducing costs using our Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft. Since deploying the system, we have realized 120 percent sales increase through multiple cloud architectures and maximized returns with implementation time cut by 80 percent.”
Stuart Nielsen-Marsh, Microsoft cloud services product manager at Pulsant
“We are excited about the potential applications of the Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft. This is just the beginning of an exciting journey into the hybrid cloud for us and our customers, and we couldn’t have better partners than Dell EMC and Microsoft on board.”
Aziz Benmalek, vice president, Worldwide Cloud and Hosting Services at Microsoft
“Dell and Microsoft have a long history of working together to speed customers’ journey to hybrid cloud. We are pleased to extend our alliance with Dell EMC to help even more customers leverage hybrid cloud on their terms with Microsoft Cloud Services.”
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Dell EMC World
Join us Oct. 18-20 at Dell EMC World 2016, Dell Technology’s flagship event bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellemcworld.com and follow #DellEMCWorld on Twitter.
Dell, EMC, and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Special Note on Forward-Looking Statements:
Statements in this press release concerning Dell Technologies’ plans and objectives relating to its products, services and solutions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and are based on Dell Technologies’ current expectations. Dell Technologies’ results in future periods could differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements because of risks, uncertainties and other factors that are described in Dell Technologies’ reports and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which are available for review through the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at www.sec.gov.
- Lon Levitan
- Dell Storage | Global Public Relations
- Round Rock, Texas
- +1 512-940-8157