Dell Pushes Boundaries with New PCs, Software and Partnerships at CES 2018
Date : 1/9/2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
- XPS 13 now better by every measure—smaller, thinner, lighter, with InfinityEdge 4K display in stunning Rose Gold and Alpine White color combo
- New XPS 15 2-in-1, the most powerful and smallest of its kind, boasts serious horsepower with 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor with Radeon™ RX Vega M graphics
- New Dell Mobile Connect software wirelessly integrates smartphones and Dell PCs
- New Alienware Command Center manages gaming environment and unlocks full rig performance
- Alienware and Dell technology power first eSports training centers for Team Liquid
- Updated Latitude portfolio delivers more productivity for mobile professionals
“At Dell, innovation never sleeps. We’re passionate about creating technology that expands the boundaries of what’s possible,” explains Sam Burd, president, Client Solutions Group, Dell. “With Dell, the incredible product design you see on the outside makes for gorgeous machines, but one of our most striking advantages comes from the innovation within. Beauty and brawn lurk beneath those beautiful exteriors, revolutionizing and redefining personal computing, and giving people experiences they want – and some they’ve never dreamed possible.”
Feats of engineering—XPS 13 and XPS 15 2-in-1
Dell’s XPS portfolio has won more product awards than any other brand in the company’s history. The latest XPS 13 is improved in every conceivable way and was just named a CES 2018 Innovation Award honoree. Along with its next-generation InfinityEdge 4K Ultra HD display, the XPS 13 adds a dazzling Rose Gold with Alpine White woven glass fiber interior as an option to traditional silver and black, with narrower borders and up to 80% more thermal headroom. Inside its thinner, lighter design, the Dell Power Manager delivers power just when you need it, while GORE Thermal Insulation, the same silica aerogels used in the Mars Rover to diffuse and dissipate heat, introduces an innovative material into the thermal design to keep the system cool while it works hard.
Addressing a gap in the marketplace for thinner, lighter and more powerful mobile devices that both hobbyists and professional creators demand, Dell unveils the first XPS 15 2-in-1, the world’s most powerful 15-inch 2-in-1, a feat of engineering that embodies innovation on every level. Balancing high performance with a sleek design, the smallest and thinnest 15.6-inch 2-in-1 available¹ delivers the CPU and graphics horsepower to run content creation apps, process huge files and play AAA games while featuring touch, pen, an innovative maglev keyboard and the screen real estate that creators crave. New 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor combining a high performance Intel CPU and discrete Radeon™ RX Vega M graphics in a single package, help make the new XPS 15 2-in-1 possible. The XPS 15 2-in-1 also offers an eye-catching next-generation InfinityEdge 4K Ultra HD display with vivid color and cinematic immersion in an impossibly slim 16mm form. Expert craftsmanship, premium materials and finishes including machined aluminum, carbon fiber and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 make this a functional, futuristic design.
Dell PC and smartphone integration with Dell Mobile Connect Software
People don’t just have a mouse and keyboard in their hands when using a computer, they now also have a smartphone. To increase convenience and productivity, Dell is the first PC maker to introduce a software solution that enables complete wireless integration between Dell PCs and smartphones (iOS and Android). Pre-installed on all new Dell consumer PCs, Dell Mobile Connect empowers users to make calls, send texts, get notifications and even fully mirror their phones to interact with all their favorite mobile apps².
Immersive experiences with Dell Cinema
Now more than ever, people watch movies and TV shows on their PCs with the expectation of a full cinematic experience, including studio sound and visual quality, as creators intend. That experience is now available on XPS and select Inspiron PCs through Dell Cinema, an immersive audio and visual experience.
- CinemaColor: powered by Windows HD Color, decodes and displays high dynamic range (HDR) streamed content with enhanced detail, more vivid hues, sharper brightness and a wider color gamut; Netflix in HDR also is supported on Dell Cinema PCs
- CinemaSound: a Dell exclusive audio innovation powered by Waves MaxxAudio Pro that delivers clearer highs, enhanced bass and higher volume for a true cinematic audio experience
- CinemaStream: powered by Killer and SmartByte, a software-based solution co-developed by Dell and Rivet Networks that optimizes online streaming and interactive video resulting in less buffering, more bandwidth and better resolution
Redesigning its software from the ground up, Dell debuts the new Alienware Command Center that merges system settings, content and other functions into a simple and elegant interface. Alienware Command Center helps novice to experienced gamers optimize and tune PCs and peripherals to their unique gaming needs. Now a gamer can access her or his game library from all sources on a PC, easily create custom profiles for each game and squeeze out more performance with power management and overclocking tools.
Concurrently hitting the market is AlienFX 2.0, the second generation of Alienware’s proprietary in-game lighting system that works across Alienware PCs, mice and keyboards. The Alienware Command Center provides even more customization of individual keys and key groups with more than 16.8 million colors in each lighting zone.
Dell and Alienware have long invested in the eSports industry: supporting the first Championship Gaming Series in 2007; working with Team Liquid, Team Dignitas and ELEAGUE; and most recently working with Tobii to infuse eye-tracking technologies into eSports tournaments revolutionizing the spectator experience. Alienware currently is the hardware of choice for Team Liquid, who have selected Alienware peripherals (mice, keyboards, monitors) for use in training and competitions. Today, Dell is announcing the launch of the new Alienware eSports Training Facility for Team Liquid setting a new standard for a dedicated eSports training center. The new 8,000 square foot facility in Los Angeles will serve as Team Liquid headquarters, supporting multiple competitive teams with an in-office chef, sports psychologists, nutritionists, dedicated coach and analyst and training spaces– with everything powered by the newest and most powerful Dell and Alienware technology. Athletes will be training for high stakes competition while design teams, video crews and coaching staff make use of monitors, touch screen displays and more to break down the action and create content for fans.
Dell makes VR a reality
Alienware is collaborating with NVIDIA and Oculus to create a new category of competitive virtual reality (VR) eSports that combines physical and mental competitive gaming and brings it to the masses. During the last two months, more than 200 participants across 14 different cities competed on Alienware systems to get the fastest time on Survios’ latest VR game, “Sprint Vector.” The finale will take place in Las Vegas today with the top eight players battling it out for the Alienware VR Cup National Champion title and $10,000 in prizes.
Dell also is announcing a new VR-ready Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop starting at just $799 to reduce the entry cost of VR. Engineered for PC gamers, the new Inspiron Gaming Desktop features 8th Gen Intel Core processors with up to six cores and graphics, solid-state drive options for faster boot-up times and intelligent thermal design for longer gaming sessions.
Adding to the ease of one stop shopping, Dell is the first PC provider to sell the consumer version of HTC Vive VR headsets. In addition to offering the HTC Vive Business Edition, Dell is also confirming a deal with Meta to offer its immersive augmented reality (AR) headset. This move will satisfy those developing new solutions with latest VR and AR technologies. Check out the blog for more information.
New monitors and a significant performance uplift for Dell’s Latitude portfolio
Dell continues to lead the industry in displays with the addition of the world’s brightest ultrathin monitors in their class³: the Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor (S2719DM) and Dell 24 Ultrathin Monitor (S2419HM). Pictures come to life in luminous, vivid color and both monitors support HDR-content playback for a CinemaColor experience, producing beautiful color depth, clarity and contrast in a virtually borderless InfinityEdge display for strikingly realistic images. With a sleek profile at only 5.5mm at its thinnest, both monitors deliver peak brightness of 600 nits.
Designed for the mobile workforce, Dell’s Latitude portfolio of secure and manageable commercial notebooks and 2-in-1s has been fully refreshed with the latest 15W dual-core and quad-core 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ 15W processors delivering significant performance improvement. Productivity benchmark tests show dramatic performance uplift over products based on the previous generation processors. The additional cores and threads make a noticeable difference on company networks when IT is running encryption, malware scans and other background apps to secure and connect employees. The Latitude product line also has been updated with several exciting new hidden innovations. For example, the Latitude 7490 notebook features an exclusive active steering antenna that delivers better WiFi range, speed and connection reliability, and a new Full HD super low power display that reduces power consumption by up to 50%, resulting in several hours of additional battery life. Check out this blog for more details on these innovations and the exciting new lineup of Latitude business solutions.
To maximize productivity for on-the-go professionals and media enthusiasts, Dell is introducing the world’s most compact Thunderbolt™ 3 storage device4 and one of the fastest portable drives available, the Dell Portable Thunderbolt SSD 1000 (1TB) and SSD 500 (500GB).
Available now globally:
- Dell XPS 13 is available on Dell.com, Microsoft.com and your local Microsoft store starting at $999 with an 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor
- Dell Latitude 7490 Notebook is available on Dell.com starting at $1,049
- Dell Latitude 5490 Notebook is available on Dell.com starting at $779
- Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1 is available on Dell.com starting at $1,149
- Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1 is available on Dell.com starting at $899
- Dell Mobile Connect will be available for download starting Jan. 1 and come pre-installed on all Dell consumer systems starting Jan. 27
- Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor (S2719DM) will be available globally Jan. 30 on Dell.com starting at $499.99
- Dell 24 Ultrathin Monitor (S2419HM) will be available globally Jan. 30 on Dell.com starting at $299.99
- Dell Portable Thunderbolt 3 SSD in 500GB ($439) and 1TB ($799) will be available globally Feb. 28 on Dell.com
- Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 will be available in the U.S. on Dell.com in April starting at $1,299.99
- Alienware Command Center will be available starting on the new Area 51 in February
Visit #DellExperience at the Venetian Hotel during CES 2018
At CES, Dell is hosting an interactive gallery and a series of events at the Yardbird Southern Table & Bar at the Venetian. The #DellExperience will be open Jan. 9-11 for all CES badge holders. Stop by each day beginning at 10 a.m. PT to get hands on with the latest Dell products, virtual reality and gaming demos and more.
- Visit the Dell CES 2018 press site for in-depth product info, images, releases and more: http://bit.ly/DellCES18NewsSite
- To watch the Dell’s CES 2018 news conference live or replay visit http://bit.ly/DellCES18NewsSite
- Connect with Dell via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Follow the latest news on Twitter from @Dell
- Find out more about how Dell Technologies is collaboratively solving customers’ biggest challenges by visiting our Annual Report to Customers
With award-winning desktops, laptops, 2-in-1s and thin clients, powerful workstations and rugged devices made for specialized environments, monitors, endpoint security solutions and services, Dell gives today’s workforce what they need to securely connect, produce, and collaborate from anywhere at any time. Dell, a part of Dell Technologies, services customers from consumers to organizations of all sizes across 180 countries with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative end-user portfolio.
|Lauren Mauro||+1 email@example.com|
Copyright © 2017 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, Dell Inc. and the Dell logo are trademarks of Dell Technologies in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core and Intel vPro are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
1Based on Principled Technologies report commissioned by Dell, December 2017. Full report found here.
2Full mirroring and access to mobile apps and mobile app notifications are available only on Android
3Based on an August 2017 internal analysis comparing brightness (cd/m²) of competitive 27-inch and 24-inch monitors.
4Based on Dell internal analysis, December 2017.
5SupportAssist not available on Linux, Windows 10S, Windows RT, Android, Ubuntu or Chrome based products. SupportAssist automatically detects and proactively alerts Dell to: operating system issues, software upgrades, driver updates and patches, malware, virus infected files, failures of hard drives, batteries, memory, internal cables, thermal sensors, heat sink, fans, solid state drives and video cards. Predictive analysis failure detection includes hard drives, solid state drives and batteries.