Dell Opens New Western Technology Center in Quincy, Washington
- Extends Dell’s delivery capability and enables regionally delivered, high-value solutions, services and cloud-based delivery options around the world
|Join the conversation.|
Dell Services today opened a new technology center in Quincy, Wash., that will provide customers in North America access to cloud technologies and IT outsourcing services. The opening is part of Dell’s ongoing commitment to develop new cloud-based services, solutions and delivery options.
The Dell Western Technology Center is a world-class, multi-client data center, with redundant network connectivity, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), cooling, utility and back-up emergency power generation. It is built with the largest installation of energy-efficient heat wheel technology in the U.S. for highly efficient cooling and low energy consumption, keeping costs and power usage to a minimum.
“Dell is proud to be listed as one of the top Green IT companies in the world,” stated Patrick Mooney, executive director, Dell Services. “Our efforts to optimize the Power Usage Effectiveness at our Western Technology Center appeals to customers who want to consider the impact to the environment when configuring their IT solutions and to our environmentally conscious team members who participate in green initiatives across Dell.”
IT Outsourcing services provided through the Dell Western Technology Center include the following:
- Disaster recovery and business continuity, which provides tools and processes to keep organizations running in the event of an emergency
- Data center management for an infrastructure foundation to support organizational growth
- Enhanced information security to protect infrastructure and ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Data storage, protection and management
- Platform management, which enhances server utilization and improves responsiveness
- Enterprise class secure private and hybrid clouds
“The Dell Western Technology Center extends our cloud services and delivery capability,” said Kevin Jones, vice president, Dell Services. “By providing customers the technology they need — without up-front costs and complex maintenance — we can take a tremendous burden off their IT staff, enabling them to innovate and deliver high-value services that drive real business results.”
Dell | Services Communications
office: +1 972-577-3430
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Dell Services develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of services and solutions in applications, business process, consulting, infrastructure and support to help customers succeed. Learn more at www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.