Customers Turn to Dell to Power Demanding Workloads, Achieve High Performance with Dell PowerEdge 12th Generation Servers
|Share.||Follow.||Join the conversation. #PowerEdge|
- Customers take advantage of innovations in systems and power management with Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers to help accelerate business results
- First-to-market servers can handle even the most demanding applications and workloads
Dell customers ranging from small businesses to hyper-scale data centers are the first to experience the exceptional performance gains and automated systems management features found in Dell’s PowerEdge 12th generation servers.
The Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers empower customers to help maximize infrastructure and energy efficiency through innovations in agent-free embedded systems management as well as the expansion of Dell’s Fresh Air offering across the portfolio. Dell’s latest offerings were the first servers in the industry to ship concurrent with the launch of Intel’s latest Xeon product family on March 6, 2012.
“The customer acceptance we’ve seen since our PowerEdge 12th generation servers launched in March is an important marker, showing that the innovation we incorporated into the portfolio brings meaningful results to our customers. These customers and others are turning to Dell based on our track record of being first to market with innovative technology, and already are processing more data, supporting more applications, reducing infrastructure complexity and increasing efficiency with our new servers.” – Sally Stevens, vice president, Server Solutions Marketing, Dell
New customers of Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers include:
- Boardreader.com, an internet technology company which operates a message board search engine, is now using R720xd and R620 servers.
- Grow Financial, one of the nation’s leading credit unions, consolidated its existing server environment using VMware vSphere with PowerEdge R720 and R910 rack-mounted servers, quadrupling the number of virtual machines per physical host, reducing licensing costs and using 80 percent less power to run its virtualized environment.
- SherWeb, a hosting services company, is using PowerEdge R620 and M620 servers for its collaboration application environment, including hosted Exchange, SharePoint and cloud services for customers worldwide.
Optimized for mission-critical applications such as collaboration, IT and web infrastructure, high performance computing, decision support and business processing, the next generation of Dell PowerEdge servers was designed based on input from more than 7,700 customer interactions in 17 countries and across four continents. Combined with Dell’s professional consulting services and portfolio of client, storage and networking solutions, the PowerEdge 12th generation servers help customers achieve efficiency, productivity, reliability and cost savings to meet today’s business needs.
“SherWeb, a world-leading provider of hosted business solutions, has selected the Dell PowerEdge R620 and PowerEdge M620 as our new platforms of choice to build our future cloud infrastructure. The power usage, flexibility in deployment options and performance scalability will allow us to provide world-class solutions and performance to our customers.” – Samuel Nadeau, IT Infrastructure Team Leader, SherWeb
“We were amazed at the performance increase in Dell’s 12th generation servers over its 11th generation. Not only were we impressed by the performance increase, but we also love the new BIOS and iDRAC7. Since both of these features received new interfaces, the servers are now much easier to configure and manage. Overall, we would highly recommend Dell’s new 12th generation server line.”- Matt Schemers, IP administrator, Boardreader.com
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell and PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.