Dell Services Builds Momentum, New Q2 Contracts Approaching $1 Billion
|Share.||Follow.||Join the conversation. #DellServices|
Dell continues to achieve growth in its Services business, amassing nearly $1 billion in new customer wins and expanded offerings for existing customers during the last quarter.
The Dell Services business continues to deliver solid results. In the second quarter, the business grew three percent to $2.1 billion, driven by seven percent growth in Support and Deployment and 35 percent growth in Security. The mix of the Q2 new signings is very encouraging as approximately two thirds are focused on infrastructure, cloud and security and one third on applications and business process outsourcing. Dell Services also continues to increase the breadth of its vertical capabilities. Many of these new signings are in verticals outside of its traditional areas of strength.
The company’s recent wins include those that are global in scale, range industries from healthcare to government and cut across the company’s Applications & Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Cloud, Support Services and Security segments.
Strategic wins for the company in the past fiscal quarter include:
- DuPont – DuPont, a world-class science and engineering leader, has chosen Dell to design and implement optimized and scalable managed IT services and virtualized architectures to transform DuPont’s end-user computing environment. The project is designed to reduce operating costs and increase business efficiency, allowing DuPont to more easily expand its global footprint and offer products to customers quickly.
- CoreLogic – Dell is implementing a next-generation technology platform for CoreLogic, a leading provider of information, analytics and business services. The platform combines security, cloud computing and infrastructure management services, providing CoreLogic with new functionality, increased performance and an overall reduction in application management and development costs. (Read the press release: CoreLogic Selects Dell Services for Technology Transformation Initiative)
- Reid Physician Associates (RPA) – As RPA’s revenue cycle partner, Dell will provide coding, records management, billing, follow-up and cash posting. The engagement with the physician’s group extends one Dell has with Reid Hospital, an existing Dell revenue cycle transformation customer. These services will help RPA achieve growth plans while helping to reduce costs and increase revenues.
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) - Dell was awarded a task order under the General Services Administration’s Alliant Government Wide Acquisition Contract by the NIAID. Under the terms of this award, Dell will provide support services to the Institute’s domestic and international users, which include biomedical researchers, managers and administrative staff. This contract will help NIAID significantly improve operational efficiency, enhance workforce productivity and deliver measurable business value. (Read the press release: Dell Chosen By Department of Health and Human Services’ National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) to Provide Industry Leading Healthcare IT Services for NIAID)
- National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center (NITAAC) - Dell was chosen as one of the prime recipients by the NITAAC for their Chief Information Officer – Solution and Partners 3 contract. Under this contract, Dell has the opportunity to deliver a wide range of services, including software development, enterprise management systems, digital government, critical infrastructure protection and information assurance, integration services and IT operations. The contract vehicle can be used by federal civilian or Department of Defense agencies to meet scientific, health, administrative, operational, managerial and information management requirements. (Read the press release: Dell Awarded 10 Year National Institutes of Health CIO-SP3 Contract Vehicle with $20B Ceiling)
“Across industries, companies need solutions that boost customer service and help them stay ahead of the competition while streamlining business to cut costs and improve the bottom line. Dell is establishing that it can go into any market or customer segment and help with this through transformative technology and services,” said Steve Schuckenbrock, president, Dell Services.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Dell Services develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of services and solutions in applications, business process, consulting, infrastructure and support to help customers succeed. Learn more at www.dell.com.
|Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc.|
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.