Dell Services Introduces New Microsoft Dynamics Solution for Manufacturers
|Join the conversation. #DellMfg, #Mfg, #MicrosoftDynamics|
- Dell’s new Microsoft Dynamics for Manufacturing solution helps manufacturers increase efficiency, lower costs, reduce IT footprints and decrease downtime
- The combination of Microsoft software and Dell infrastructure, services and support helps manufacturers with every element of the Microsoft Dynamics offerings
- Solution provides full suite of services; from software licensing and deployment options to infrastructure assessment, application configuration, implementation and ongoing support
Dell Services today announced Microsoft Dynamics for Manufacturing, a new solution to help manufacturers with all aspects of a Microsoft Dynamics implementation. Dell’s end-to-end solution provides one of the most comprehensive Microsoft Dynamics software provider offerings on the market, from hardware and software licensing, cloud and on-premise deployment, supply chain advice based on Dell’s own best practices and expertise in the areas of multi-location implementation, lean manufacturing and enterprise applications.
Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft’s most global and scalable ERP solution, enables organizations to anticipate and embrace change to help support growth and success. The solution contributes to increased productivity and provides easy access to valuable information throughout an organization. Dell itself has seen great benefits as a Microsoft Dynamics AX user. Leveraging its own internal best practices, Dell is adding Microsoft Dynamics services and support to its Microsoft Dynamics reseller offerings for manufacturers.
“After applying Microsoft Dynamics AX to our own manufacturing process, and realizing how impactful the solution can be, we knew we had an opportunity to help our manufacturing customers experience the same benefits,” said Mike Gauthier, Dell Services’ Microsoft Dynamics AX Practice Manager. “We’ve been a Microsoft Dynamics software provider for some time, but today we’re announcing the addition of a full service and consulting component to our offerings based on our internal, hands-on experience with the solution.”
The full suite of services available with the new solutions includes:
- Multiple software licensing options for Microsoft Dynamics
- Deployment options including on-premise and cloud based solutions
- Infrastructure assessment, design and support services
- Business process re-engineering and organizational change management
- Application configuration and implementation
- Custom application development
- Managed services and ongoing support
Dell’s new solution is designed specifically for manufacturers that have incomplete visibility into their global supply chain, are challenged with optimizing their business systems based on changing demands and are looking to increase efficiency and simplicity through the entire manufacturing process.
To address these challenges, Dell’s Microsoft Dynamics for Manufacturing solution focuses on manufacturing simplification and lean transformation by re-engineering processes from start to finish based on lean principles and simplified procedures. The solution helps manufacturers get the most out of Microsoft Dynamics with guidance and counsel on how to best leverage the product. Based on Dell’s own experiences, the solution shows manufacturers how to use Microsoft Dynamics to help make the most informed decisions possible, while reaching global alignment and transformation.
Dell turned to Microsoft Dynamics AX in 2010 to modernize its application footprint of more than 70 applications, 95 percent of which were custom-developed by Dell to support unique requirements at each factory. To run these applications, each manufacturing facility maintained between 400 and 600 physical servers. Standardizing on Microsoft Dynamics AX allowed Dell to eliminate various inefficiencies related to factory differences, large IT footprint and an overabundance of applications and to reduce operating costs and downtime.
Implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX helped Dell successfully re-architect its manufacturing process which resulted in cost reduction and increased simplification and performance:
- IT cost of goods decreased by an estimated 40% by the end of 2012
- Eliminated the need for almost 2,000 servers and 70 applications
- Saw an estimated 75 percent reduction in factory IT footprint
- Increased alignment with outsourced manufacturing network
- Achieved a single, global business process
- Factory throughput efficiency fully recovered within approximately two quarters
- 6-month payback on Microsoft Dynamics AX investment
- Experienced up to 50 percent reduction in server downtime
“With Microsoft Dynamics AX, we could roll out one factory at a time, and didn’t have to worry about changes to our core financial and HR and server management and all of the other upstream systems that we didn’t want to touch.” - Matt Griffiths, IT Executive Director, Manufacturing Systems, Dell Inc.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us at Dell World 2012 – The Power to Do More. Technology professionals will learn from one another and identify key challenges and opportunities connected to the top forces changing business today. Learn more at www.DellWorld.com or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.