Dell Recognized for Strength of Converged Solutions Offerings and Industry Momentum by Four Leading Industry Analyst Firms
- Technology Business Research notes that Dell is the brand most likely to be recommended by converged infrastructure customers that own more than one brand of converged system
- Info-Tech Research Group recognizes Dell as a “Champion” in the 2013 Vendor Landscape for Converged Systems
- Enterprise Strategy Group and IDC highlight innovation of the Dell PowerEdge VRTX
Dell announced today that its converged infrastructure offerings, ranging from its Dell Active Infrastructure portfolio to its recently introduced Dell PowerEdge VRTX solution, are gaining momentum and leading industry analyst firms are commenting on its emergence as a recognized industry leader.
Converged infrastructure, which combines compute, storage and networking resources with infrastructure management into a virtual or physical integrated system, is a growing market as organizations strive to make their data centers simpler, more flexible and cost-effective. Dell’s differentiated approach uniquely offers customers a choice of convergence strategies, and provides customers migration options for heterogeneous, legacy IT environments: a software-based Active Infrastructure management layer which aggregates customers’ heterogeneous legacy infrastructure investments into a virtual converged infrastructure, and physical converged infrastructure where all resources and management are included in the same chassis such as Dell PowerEdge VRTX.
According to four recently completed research reports, Dell’s converged solutions offerings include a superior set of capabilities that are gaining significant traction in the marketplace:
- Technology Business Research: Dell is recognized as the converged infrastructure brand most likely to be recommended by customers using more than one brand of converged infrastructure according to the “Converged Infrastructure Landscape Report” by Technology Business Research, Inc.(1) The report states that Dell Active System, launched in October 2012, “is already experiencing tremendous customer adoption despite its relatively short existence in the market.” The report also notes that, “with the expanded Active System line and the introduction of PowerEdge VRTX, Dell now goes to market with a complete, unique portfolio that targets customers across the SMB, midmarket and enterprise spaces.”
- Info-Tech Research Group: Dell is also recognized as a “Champion” in the Info-Tech Research Group “2013 Vendor Landscape for Converged Systems.”(2) Assessing vendors by the strength of their offering and their strategy, Dell is one of only three considered to be a leading vendor with converged infrastructure solutions. The Dell Active Infrastructure portfolio is recognized for its channel strength and intuitive user-interface. The report notes, “Dell is a major player with a reputation for ease of use and strong support offerings.”
- Enterprise Strategy Group: Dell PowerEdge VRTX was highlighted in an ESG product brief called “Dell PowerEdge VRTX Stands Alone Addressing IT Demands of Remote and Small Offices” which notes, “the universal appeal of Dell VRTX will capture the attention of IT and business professionals with its many deployment options, certified support for major productivity communications applications, and multiple matches for business and industry use cases.”(3)
- IDC: IDC recently published a report on Dell PowerEdge VRTX noting, “By bringing the VRTX system to midmarket, Dell clearly shows that it understands the opportunity in bringing resilient, secure, and highly reliable technology to run essential SMB workloads.”(4)
“This industry validation from leading market watchers affirms that Dell is a leading choice for customers as they continue to invest in converged infrastructure,” said Peter Evans, vice president of Marketing, Enterprise Solutions Group, Dell. “Dell’s differentiated value is a result of listening to customers, and innovating with pragmatic solutions that fit their business needs. Dell will build upon this converged infrastructure momentum, and will continue to bring to market a portfolio of enterprise offerings that will help customers optimize their business.”
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
|(1) Technology Business Research, Inc. “Converged Infrastructure Landscape Report” by Christian Perry, Krista Macomber, Angela Lambert, Matt Bowden; June 2013|
(2) Info-Tech Research Group “Vendor Landscape: Converged Systems” Last Revised: July 15, 2013
(3) Enterprise Strategy Group “Dell PowerEdge VRTX Stands Alone Addressing IT Demands of Remote and Small Offices” by Mark Bowker; June 2013
(4) IDC “Dell Introduces PowerEdge VRTX: Potential “Datacenter in a Box” for SMBs and Large Company Remote/Branch Offices” by Raymond Boggs, Jean S. Bozman, Matthew Eastwood; July 2013 (IDC #242243)