Dell PowerEdge VRTX Gains Momentum and Receives Accolades from Customers Worldwide
- Small and midsize customers take advantage of innovations and enterprise-class capabilities to drive business results
- Dell adds back-up and recovery functionality to PowerEdge VRTX
- Dell Financial Services offers new lease promotion for PowerEdge VRTX in North America
Dell today announced that in just four months since its release, Dell PowerEdge VRTX – the first converged IT solution designed specifically for remote and small office environments – is gaining momentum and delivering benefits across a broad set of customers around the world in multiple vertical market segments. These customers have benefitted from the space-saving design, functionality, cost and performance of Dell PowerEdge VRTX, which is further evidence that Dell’s Enterprise strategy to deliver converged infrastructure solutions for customers of all sizes is working.
Dell is also enhancing the PowerEdge VRTX to help customers protect their crucial data, and is introducing a new lease promotion in North America that allows customers to reduce their total cost of ownership and manage budget constraints more effectively.
- Leveraging its AppAssure data protection software, Dell has added backup and recovery functionality to PowerEdge VRTX. This enhancement restores data at any level within minutes of an event and performs continual checks and backup updates, giving customers the confidence that their data is protected and enabling their workforce to remain productive.
- Dell Financial Services is offering a Fair Market Value (FMV) lease payment deferral on PowerEdge VRTX systems for customers in the United States and Canada. Customers can take advantage of award winning technology with no out of pocket spend until February 2014.
“When we introduced PowerEdge VRTX to the world a few months ago we knew we had a winner on our hands as it was designed from the ground up to uniquely address the issues of office IT,” said Brian Payne, executive director of server solutions, Dell. “The reception from customers to industry-leading reviewers to channel, ISV and alliance partners have exceeded our expectations, and it’s the fuel behind the customer-inspired innovations we continue to bring to customers.”
Customers around the World Benefit from PowerEdge VRTX Design and Capabilities
Customers across the globe and with diverse use cases have selected Dell PowerEdge VRTX to reduce hardware complexity, improve IT efficiency and provide the scalability necessary to handle performance spikes and business growth. Dell PowerEdge VRTX is already being adopted by customers in the retail, financial services and healthcare industries, and is now expanding its vertical reach and entering into new markets, such as education and manufacturing.
Washington-Saratoga Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), one of the largest BOCES in New York State, was looking for a scalable data center in a box that solved their sprawl of disparate IT devices and multiple management tools, while also reducing their power and cooling needs.
- “The Dell PowerEdge VRTX is a great solution for our school districts and helps reduce server sprawl and simplifies maintenance and management,” said Ken Morrill, network analyst, Washington Saratoga Board of Cooperative Educational Services. “One of the biggest attractions of the Dell PowerEdge VRTX for us is the low cooling and power requirement, because our districts generally do not have purpose-built data centers with robust air conditioning and power supplies. With VRTX, we can consolidate three or four servers down to just one efficient unit.”
Ma’anshan Spanesi Car Repair Equipment Co., Ltd, a small manufacturing company based in China that specializes in car repair and maintenance equipment, turned to Dell PowerEdge VRTX over HP servers because it was the only system in the market designed to meet their unique needs.
- “There were many things that impressed us about the Dell PowerEdge VRTX, but being a converged solution designed for the small office with compute power, shared storage capacity, high availability capabilities and robust systems management made it a clear winner,” said an IT director at Ma’anshan Spanesi Car Repair Equipment. “In a short period of time, we’ve been able to reduce the total cost of ownership by 30% and it provides the full systems management capabilities that we were lacking in our previous solutions.”
Caterham F1 Team, a Formula One team based in the United Kingdom, was attracted to the VRTX space-saving design and enterprise-class capabilities to use as their trackside IT infrastructure, greatly simplifying the process of getting IT equipment to the race sites.
- “Dell PowerEdge VRTX will allow us to remove a considerable amount of weight from our airfreight, providing a significant cost saving whilst reducing the size of the data center considerably,” said Joe Birkett, senior IT engineer, Caterham F1 Team. “All of this can be achieved while improving our existing performance capability with next gen CPUs, reducing power consumption and cooling requirements massively, simplifying our cabling requirements, improving reliability and making our operations more efficient. Furthermore, VRTX will also allow us to improve our trackside disaster recovery as we will easily be able to run two units as a failover pair in separate locations at all times.”
Availability & Additional Information:
- The AppAssure integration with VRTX will be available in the U.S. in November 2013 and in EMEA in the first quarter of 2014.
- The Dell Financial Services offering1 is running through February 2014 and available directly from Dell and from channel partners; please contact your channel partner or Dell Account Manager for additional information.
- For more information on how PowerEdge VRTX benefits specific verticals, please see the following infographics: Retail, Healthcare, Education.
- For more information on enabling desktop virtualization on VRTX, please visit this blog.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
About Dell Financial Services
Dell Financial Services is a full-service finance company that annually funds approximately $4B of IT equipment for Dell customers and has a wide range of flexible programs designed to make technology acquisition easy and affordable.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell and PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
 Fair Market Value (“FMV”) Lease: Provided by Dell Financial Services L.L.C. or its affiliate or designee (“DFS”) to qualified customers. Offers may not be available or may vary in certain countries. Where available, offers may be changed without notice and are subject to product availability, credit approval, execution of documentation provided by and acceptable to DFS, and may be subject to minimum transaction size. Offers not available for personal, family or household use. Dell and the Dell logo are trademarks of Dell Inc. At the end of the FMV Lease, lessee purchases the equipment for the then FMV, renews the lease or returns the equipment to DFS.
VRTX Deferral Lease Offer: Applicable for 36-month lease with fair market value end-of-lease purchase option on qualifying VRTX products. Offer will defer payments until February 1, 2014 followed by 36 monthly payments. Minimum transaction $500. Online promotional offers may vary. Combination with other discounts may limit availability. Offer valid August 12, 2013 through December 31, 2013 to qualified end users ordering from Dell Direct or PartnerDirect Partners.