Dell Services Helps Customers in Highly Regulated Industries Adapt to Changes and Innovate for the Future
- Dell helps health plans and healthcare providers improve operations; makes medical images more accessible with record-setting clinical archive growth; and introduces new cloud solution for hospitals in India
- New digital transformation solutions to help banking, financial services, securities and insurance (BFSI) organizations better engage customers and significantly improve operations
- Dell Services continues gaining momentum with customers in healthcare and BFSI in 2013
Healthcare, banking, financial services, securities and insurance companies are facing unparalleled pressure from rising customer expectations, increased competition, growing security threats, government mandates, compliance regulations, as well as ongoing shifts like mobility. Dell Services continues to expand its innovative offerings—including consulting, cloud services, application services and business process outsourcing—to deliver new levels of agility to help these highly regulated industries transform to embrace growing demands and manage their futures.
Innovations in Healthcare
The exploding volume of medical imaging data, outcomes-based payment models, privacy and security regulations and new regulatory changes in the healthcare insurance market continue to increase the complexity faced by healthcare organizations. In 2013, Dell leveraged its healthcare intellectual property and proprietary solutions to help customers innovate, transform and respond to market pressures to address this complexity, and has seen significant momentum among both healthcare providers and health plans.
- Helping Health Insurance Plans Adapt to Market Pressures With the evolving landscape of the U.S. health insurance market, Dell is successfully supporting health plans as they react to new regulations and work to improve access to healthcare. For example, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC) is able to deliver important new services to members, medical providers and brokers through a new component-based claims system. Dell Services is working with HPHC to enhance the company’s core IT infrastructure and consolidate and manage its applications and claims processing systems that support more than 2,000 end users.
State-level healthcare insurance exchanges are seeing positive momentum despite issues that the federal healthcare exchange website is currently working to address. Dell Services helped launch a state exchange for the Massachusetts Health Connector, and has implemented Health Insurance Marketplace solutions for health plan issuers including Affinity Health Plan and CareSource. Dell’s solutions helped these customers realize early success in their rollouts with the creation of critical platforms and applications that support enrollment, claims processing and communication with enrollees.
Dell was named 2013 Payer ITO Star Performer by Everest Group1 and has seen a 65 percent year-over-year growth in health plan business.
- Dell Cloud Clinical Archive Grows, Tackles Imaging ChallengesDell’s Cloud Clinical Archive, one of the world’s largest cloud-based, vendor-neutral medical image archives, is projected to reach the milestone of 7 billion managed images by early 2014. Now managing and securing more than 94 million clinical studies and supporting more than 800 clinical sites, the archive gives health care providers complete access to medical imaging data from the secure cloud whenever or wherever it’s needed, even during a downtime event that occurs from human error or natural disaster.
- Healthcare Providers Rely on Dell ServicesThis year Dell Services achieved a 50 percent rise in consulting engagements2 by helping healthcare providers navigate reimbursement changes, increasing adoption of electronic medical records (EMRs) and enabling technology that better connects providers with their patients. More than 4,000 hospitals and 400,000 physicians worldwide work with Dell.
- Extending Cloud-Based Healthcare Solution to Emerging Markets to Improve Patient CareDell Services today announced a new cloud-based Hospital Information System (HIS) solution that delivers seamlessly integrated clinical and financial systems for hospitals and health providers. The solution will launch first in India early next year and will ensure that providers have smooth access and instant information availability by supporting core clinical tasks and back-end needs. It is scalable, cost effective, widely accessible and flexible to suit the unique needs of Indian healthcare providers.
Innovations in Banking
While the banking industry is showing signs of recovery, companies continue to grapple with prevailing challenges of customer acquisition and retention. Dell offers transformation and modernization services to help customers address these issues, and has seen tremendous momentum in these areas in the last 12 months.
- New Solutions Help Banks Address Customer NeedsTo help customers adapt to evolving customer preferences and technology innovations, Dell today is announcing digital transformation frameworks and payment transformation services that help banks reduce costs and better retain customers, while complying with recent regulations. These solutions allow banks to provide their customers with an enriched and seamless experience across all channels and devices, and also help simplify and modernize banks’ front-to-back processes to allow them to take advantage of cloud, mobility, social media and analytics.
The new payment transformation services have helped a leading European bank to consolidate their payments systems, considerably reducing IT and operations costs and ensuring straight-though-processing. This has helped the bank meet the crucial Single Euro Payments Area ( SEPA) deadline, ahead of several of their peers in the European market and considerably scale up their payments operations for future growth.
Innovations in Insurance
Dell Services’ Third Party Administration platform for end-to-end insurance processing enables faster go-to-market for insurance providers and saves significant costs for policy and claims administration. Dell has integrated a unique transformation and business intelligence framework into the platform that reduces cycle time and cost along with providing better transparency and control. As a result of Dell’s innovative approach to Third Party Administration, the company has won more than ten multi-million, multi-year contracts in the last eighteen months from top insurance providers in North America and successful delivery of customer projects have helped Dell’s customers win awards from industry analysts in three of the last four years, further securing Dell’s position as a leading Third Party Administrator in North America.
- 5Star Life Insurance Company Enlists Dell ServicesDell Services announced today that 5Star Life Insurance Company (5Star Life) has selected Dell’s Business Intelligence solution to help drive strategic business decisions with real-time, comprehensive, and consolidated information. 5Star Life is the underwriter of the Armed Forces Benefits Association and a growing provider of supplemental and other voluntary life insurance products. Its flexible business model enables 5Star Life to serve the needs of a diverse clientele – as an insurance advisor to individuals and organizations, and as a partner to brokers.
- Introducing Claims Transformational FrameworkToday Dell is also launching a claims transformational framework that allows insurers to transform their claims operations to improve customer service while delivering significant cost savings. Initial customer results include double-digit percentage improvements across all parameters - number of claims being filed online, savings in claims processing, and reduction in claims cycle time.
Dell delivers a broad range of specialized services for BFSI providers, such as business process outsourcing, payments modernization, loyalty rewards solutions, regulatory compliance, enterprise billing and relationship pricing.
“Our next-generation services make us uniquely qualified to help customers transform, connect, inform and protect their organizations. We work with customers in all industries, and healthcare and finance in particular are facing unique challenges, intense changes and scrutiny that are forcing organizations to be agile and prepare for a new reality. Our expertise in these industries can help them adapt and stay ahead of the changes,” said Suresh Vaswani, president, Dell Services.
“Over the years, Dell Services and Harvard Pilgrim have formed an extraordinary partnership. Dell is committed to our success, and that commitment has enabled us to improve our service to our customers while achieving significant operational efficiencies,” said Eric Schultz, President and CEO of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care.
"Dell has done a great job in pushing forward its full range of products in support of customers in the health and financial services industries,” said Scott Lundstrom, Group Vice President and General Manager, IDC Financial, Government and Health Insights. “Advanced products and services are allowing customers to achieve value through both technical and business process transformation.”
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com, attend our virtual Dell World: Live Online event or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
1Everest Group, IT Outsourcing report, September, 2013
2Consulting sales have improved by 50% on average compared with the last 6 months