Revolutionary Dell PowerEdge VRTX Achieves Worldwide Customer Adoption
- Thousands of customers from more than 50 countries and six continents have deployed PowerEdge VRTX to simplify and enhance their office IT environments
- Channel partners around the world are embracing this innovative solution, with nearly 7,000 sales and technical courses completed to date
- Dell adds new enterprise-class features to PowerEdge VRTX to enable faster processing of enterprise applications and data
Dell announced today that PowerEdge VRTX, the first integrated IT solution designed specifically for office environments, is seeing accelerated adoption by customers around the world. This revolutionary converged infrastructure solution simplifies office IT by removing the complexities associated with disparate and sprawling hardware and multiple management tools. To further these benefits and enable additional workload choices, Dell also introduced enhancements to PowerEdge VRTX.
Thousands of customers from more than 50 countries and six continents have deployed PowerEdge VRTX with high praise. Customers in healthcare, automotive, retail, financial, manufacturing, education and other verticals have used this integrated solution in novel ways to help them enhance their office IT environment and speed up response time to customer requests.
Since the introduction of PowerEdge VRTX, channel partners around the world have completed nearly 7,000 sales and technical courses, honing their expertise to help customers improve IT efficiency through simplifying their office IT infrastructure and offering greater versatility to scale for future technology needs.
The Dell PowerEdge VRTX also continues to receive third-party recognition from around the world. It was described as “one of the most innovative server designs of the year” when receiving InfoWorld U.S.A.’s 2014 Technology of the Year Award and “double the fun” when it was awarded as one of CRN’s 2013 Products of the Year. Other accolades for PowerEdge VRTX include receiving IT Pro’s Innovation Award in the United Kingdom, Interop's Best of Show Award - Special Prize in Japan and 20 additional awards and highly positive reviews from across the globe.
PowerEdge VRTX offers simplicity, efficiency and versatility for customers
Designed as a single, compact chassis that integrates servers, storage, networking and management, the Dell PowerEdge VRTX enables users to bring order to their office environments, refine IT operations and realize greater operational efficiencies. For example:
Cadac Group, based in Heerlen, Netherland, which specializes in providing IT solutions to create, manage and share digital design information, was looking for a highly scalable and integrated solution that could enable its IT team to add performance at lower cost and boost its customer relationship management capabilities. “The beauty of the Dell PowerEdge VRTX chassis is that we gained a complete solution for our remote site, including servers, storage, networking and cabling,” said Paul Smeets, chief technology officer, Cadac Group. What’s more, I can literally pick it up and put it in my car, so if I wanted to change site location, there wouldn’t be anything stopping me.”
NEWJEC Inc., based in Japan, is a global general construction and consulting firm involved in matters related to civil engineering, construction and architecture, and electrical installations. To meet increased data volume demands, NEWJEC needed to revamp its existing HPC environment and consolidate it onto a compact data center solution. “We have to run a variety of tests with various combinations of hardware, and the PowerEdge VRTX just takes it all in stride and is able to output high levels of performance on each occasion,” said Yukitomo Kuroda, manager of the Information Systems Group, NEWJEC Inc. “The compact VRTX was a perfect fit since we reached maximum physical capacity with our previous servers and storage, and could no longer scale up to add more PCs and workstations.”
Ruegenwalder Muehle, headquartered in Germany is a leading family-owned food manufacturer specialized in the ham and sausage production. Ruegenwalder needed to modernize and replace their existing data center infrastructure to increase their computing power and storage capacity as well as enhance their networking performance. For this, they decided for Dell’s VRTX solution in combination with Dell PowerEdge servers. “Our company has been leveraging the integrated design and high-availability features of the Dell PowerEdge VRTX systems since October 2013 for efficient server and storage virtualization,” said Andreas Unzner, head of IT at Ruegenwalder. “The systems provide great performance and are extremely reliable. Dell’s support has also been providing excellent support both in the design phase as well as during production.”
Super Products, one of the largest distributors of irrigation equipment in Thailand, required a virtualized converged solution that could support its escalating growth rate, lower IT management time and increase efficiency. It also wanted to work with a vendor that offered comprehensive deployment and critical onsite assistance services. “We are working up to 40 percent more productively now that our Dell PowerEdge VRTX solution is providing faster and more reliable access to our systems,” said Rattapol Laohavisit, IT manager and head of marketing, Super Products. “Knowing Dell Deployment Services was in control of implementation and optimizing the solution I could focus on my own work of marketing Super Products and driving business success.”
Trico Corporation, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, a world leader in lubrication management, with a broad portfolio of related products as well as a range of sample testing and analysis services, knew the time had come to replace its servers and found Dell PowerEdge VRTX to be just what they needed . “We save about two hours a week in IT admin time with the Dell PowerEdge VRTX unified management system. It’s really easy to use, and I learned it in no time,” said Charlie Rice, Information Systems Analyst at Trico Corporation. “We’ve gained greater peace of mind and have now paved the way for expanding our company’s capabilities even more in the future with Dell PowerEdge VRTX.”
New enhancements to PowerEdge VRTX bring support for additional workload choices
Dell is introducing new capabilities for PowerEdge VRTX to drive further simplicity, efficiency and performance in remote, branch and small business offices. The enhancements include:
- Next-level data protection inside the chassis: For customers requiring the highest levels of availability and redundancy possible, Dell now offers an optional redundant PowerEdge Raid Controller (PERC), which provides RAID controller failover inside the Dell PowerEdge VRTX chassis.
- More server node choices: PowerEdge VRTX now offers additional server node choices - including the 4-socket, PowerEdge M820 – to enable faster processing of workloads such as large, back-end database, business intelligence, data mining, enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management (SCM) and customer relationship management (CRM) applications.
- Enhanced system management: By sharing a common design, Chassis Management Controller (CMC) provides PowerEdge VRTX users with a familiar systems management tool to manage local or remote VRTX systems, just as CMC does in the data center, along with enhancements in setting, updating and maintaining server and chassis configurations.
- Expanded support for virtual desktops: Dell PowerEdge VRTX now enables enhanced VDI in remote offices and branch offices by providing support for optional graphical processing units (GPUs).
“As the server market evolves, Dell remains at the forefront of providing solutions for the diverse problems affecting customers, whether large, small or remote,” said Forrest Norrod, vice president and general manager, Dell Server Solutions. “With today’s enhancements and ongoing customer momentum, Dell PowerEdge VRTX is delivering what customers need in order to realize greater simplicity and efficiency to grow their business.”
Availability and Additional Information:
- The new features of Dell PowerEdge VRTX are available now.
- For more information about PowerEdge VRTX, please visit www.dell.com/vrtx.
- For more information on the potential financial advantages of moving to Dell PowerEdge VRTX, please see the TCO calculator.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
About Dell Enterprise Forum
Dell Enterprise Forum is the premier technical learning event for Dell enterprise customers and channel partners. The conference, held annually in the US and Europe, offers an intensive, interactive learning experience across the data center—from servers and storage to networking and converged solutions.
Dell and Dell PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.