Dell Announces PC Industry Firsts, Connecting Emerging Technologies to Enhance Productivity
- Ground-breaking “smart desk” concept demonstrates vision of what’s possible for design professionals
- Dell Venue 11 Pro tablets are the world’s most secure and manageable
- Dell Software Suite integrates best-of-class security and manageability software
|Click for Larger Images|
Dell today announced innovations across its PC business designed to connect people to the content they need to maximize productivity. By introducing industry-leading tablets, an innovative “smart desk” workspace of the future, an Ultra HD 5K monitor and integrated security and manageability software solutions, Dell reaffirmed its leadership in bringing PC customers the most secure and manageable end-to-end solutions.
Dell’s momentum in its client solutions (PC) business continued during the third calendar quarter of 2014 as it registered its seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year gains in global share and grew more in the third quarter than its top two U.S. competitors combined, based on preliminary data recently released by industry analyst firm International Data Corporation (IDC) 1.
“Organizations don’t ask us for a better PC or software application. They ask us to help them improve productivity, solve problems and drive better business outcomes. That’s where Dell is innovating,” Dell’s vice chairman, Operations, and president, Client Solutions, Jeff Clarke, told customers attending the Dell World Executive Summit yesterday.
Redefining the Workspace
Dell is redefining the workspace through bleeding-edge products and concepts that push traditional paradigms of how people interact with technology. The groundbreaking Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor, the world’s first display to offer Ultra HD 5K resolution (5120 x 2880), is four times the resolution of QHD and seven times the resolution of Full HD. This visually stunning display will be available in December for less than $2,000.
Dell Venue Tablets
According to a recent Harris International Tablet Survey conducted for Dell, more than one third of IT organizations surveyed are apprehensive of the time required to set up, configure, manage and secure tablets when compared to laptops. They also believe tablets are more vulnerable to viruses, software security breaches and becoming quickly outdated. IT leaders are forced to address these challenges by assembling solutions from multiple IT products and vendors. Dell provides a more efficient and cost-effective approach by integrating industry-leading security and management software capabilities with the world’s most secure and manageable tablets and PCs – one place to purchase, deploy and support entire client ecosystems.
As such, Dell is introducing updates to the popular Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000 Series tablets. Venue 11 Pro tablets are designed to accelerate productivity for mobile workers and provide secure access to content beyond the corporate firewall for easy IT management. New Venue 11 Pro features include:
- 15 percent thinner and fan-less design for a light and quiet user experience;
- Extended battery life to get through the work day ;
- Travel keyboard for a full laptop experience and accompanying thin keyboard for ultra-portability;
- The latest range of Intel Core M processors;
- Stunning wide-angle (1920 x 1080) FHD IPS & 10.8-inch display;
- Docking station for a traditional monitor, keyboard and mouse PC experience;
- Tailored solutions for specialists in the field:
- Dell Healthcare Case can be fully sanitized and is specifically designed for hospitals and healthcare facilities – from the patient’s room to the operating room;
- Dell Mobile Payment Solution provides a 2D barcode scanner and a mag stripe reader for more flexible customer experience for the retail and hospitality industries.
The Venue 11 Pro can be configured with additional security features including two-factor authentication with integrated smartcard and fingerprint readers as well as the Dell Data Protection suite of client security software. When configured with these options, the Venue 11 Pro is the most secure and manageable Windows tablet in the industry, earning a place on the U.S. Department of Defense Unified Capabilities Approved Products List (UC APL).
Enhanced Software Suite Delivers Industry-Leading Security and Manageability
Building on its hardware leadership, the Dell Software Suite is a unified client software portfolio that works seamlessly with Dell clients or in a heterogeneous environment to deliver superior security and management. Available starting today at no additional charge for one year on Dell commercial client devices, the software suite addresses critical endpoint and mobility IT challenges by providing customers with the following capabilities:
- Efficiently manage Windows devices with the ability to determine system hardware and software inventory, apply BIOS and driver updates, and view warranty information with Dell KACE K1000 Express.
- Facilitate mobile worker productivity while protecting organizations from threats by enforcing access control policies that help ensure only trusted users, devices and authorized apps are granted VPN access with E-Class SRA EX Virtual Appliance, part of Dell Secure Mobile Access.
- Protect end users against zero-day and phishing malware attacks. Born out of a project for advanced endpoint protection funded by the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace launches targeted applications in a virtual container. If an attack occurs, the malware is sealed off and a safe environment is restored within 20 seconds.
- Provide a secure, managed environment for data and applications on Android-based tablets with Dell Mobile Management.
In addition, Dell extends its most manageable capabilities with new Dell Command Tools. Dell Command Tools seamlessly integrate into customers’ existing SCCM or KACE systems management solutions providing simplified deployed, enhanced monitoring and efficient updates. And Dell is the first OEM to offer Microsoft Powershell Provider into our Command Tools, significantly reducing the time required to create scripts. These capabilities can result in up to $5,700 of cost savings annually for every 100 clients due to more efficient management.
Pricing and Availability
- The Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor (UP2715K) will be available on Dell.com in China on Nov. 20 and worldwide on Dec. 18 for less than $2,000.
- The new Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000 Series starts at $699.99 and is available beginning Nov. 11 on Dell.com in the United States.
- The Dell Software Suite is now available on Dell commercial client products at no additional charge for one year.
Dell World is a premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services provide organizations a better way to accelerate business’ ability to innovate.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
(1) IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker, October 8, 2014