Dell Introduces New Future-Ready Servers to Help Small and Midsize Businesses Achieve Greater Business Success
- Dell expands 13th generation PowerEdge portfolio to include new entry-level rack and tower servers
- New servers designed for future growth while helping customers accelerate time to production, achieve peak performance and deliver better ROI
- Dell’s industry-leading systems management capabilities now available on new servers to streamline and automate deployment and management
Dell announced today the newest additions to its highly successful Dell PowerEdge 13th generation servers, helping small and midsize businesses (SMBs) prepare for future growth with the introduction of four new entry-level servers that provide greater performance, flexibility and efficiency.
According to recent global research of IT decision makers, the top IT pain points of small and medium businesses (SMBs) around the globe include performance, hardware capacity and IT complexity(1). Designed with future growth in mind, the latest Dell PowerEdge servers address these specific pain points to help customers accelerate performance, adapt to changing application demands and attain greater operational efficiency.
“Dell has a long history addressing the unique needs of small and midsize customers,” said Jed Scaramella, Research Director, Enterprise Servers, IDC. “Dell’s mainstream server portfolio is growing, and their new entry-level PowerEdge servers will be appealing to additional SMBs around the world who are hoping to save time and money while reducing business risk.”
Powerful, efficient and versatile
The new Dell PowerEdge servers include the PowerEdge R330 and R230 rack servers and the PowerEdge T330 and T130 tower servers. For the first time, Dell’s entry-level server T130 features Dell’s leading OpenManage systems management portfolio giving SMBs simple and intuitive tools that reduce deployment time by up to 40 percent(2) and provide streamlined management. The new servers also enable customers to:
- Accelerate compute performance across a wide range of applications with a choice of powerful processors from the latest Intel Xeon E3-1200 v5 product family.
- Drive faster response times with DDR4 delivering 33 percent faster memory performance compared to DDR3 memory. (3)
- Gain insights faster with two times the data throughput made possible with PCIe Gen 3.0 slots boosting I/O performance. (4)
- Achieve two times the IOPS (input/output operations per second) performance with Dell’s innovative, latest-generation PERC9 RAID controller. (5)
Server of choice for SMBs and remote offices/branch offices
Over four generations, Gebr. Heinemann has developed from a small family business to a major distributor and retailer for the international travel retail market. Today, the company supplies a range of global branded goods to international airports, airlines, cruise liners and border ships in more than 100 countries. Gebr. Heinemann was looking for a powerful server to help them do business faster, while also being easy to deploy and manage in their remote offices/branch offices (ROBOs).
“Our retail operation serves more than 30 million customers annually so it’s very important that we have IT solutions in our remote offices/branch offices that help us do business smarter, faster and more efficiently,” said Matthias Bretag, System Engineer at Gebr. Heinemann. “We tested the Dell PowerEdge R330 and its performance and systems management capabilities along with its compact form factor made it a great fit for our environment. We look forward to deploying the PowerEdge R330 servers as the base of our NAS solution into our branch offices so we can continue to deliver a first-class experience when doing business with customers.”
The latest generation of entry-level PowerEdge servers
Offering large amounts of internal storage capacity, extensive configuration flexibility, and an expandable memory footprint, the new entry-level PowerEdge servers feature up to four DDR4 memory slots and up to four or eight hard drives depending on the model. The new server line-up includes:
- Dell PowerEdge R330 – a versatile rack server ideal for small businesses, remote offices of large institutions and OEM customers who are seeking enhanced hardware availability and serviceability. The PowerEdge R330 provides up to 56 percent more internal storage capacity than the previous generation server.
- Dell PowerEdge R230 – a powerful and efficient rack server excellent for distributed applications in SMBs, hosting companies and OEM customers. This server has 100 percent more memory capacity, three times the maximum internal storage capacity and two times the I/O expansion compared to the previous generation server.
- Dell PowerEdge T330 – an expandable, rackable tower server for SMBs and departments and remote offices of large corporations that need greater internal storage. The PowerEdge T330 is designed for future growth, with up to four DDR4 memory slots and up to eight 3.5-inch hard drives.
- Dell PowerEdge T130 – a powerful and reliable tower server for driving collaboration and productivity applications in small offices/home offices (SOHO). The PowerEdge T130 provides two times the memory capacity compared to the previous generation server.
As SMB customers prepare for future growth, the new PowerEdge servers can be combined with Dell’s end-to-end portfolio of hardware, software and services to enable operational efficiency and flexibility at any scale.
“There are over 125 million SOHO and SMB customers around the globe, and these customers operate in challenging, fast-changing environments – with most not having the luxury of a dedicated IT department. These customers require IT solutions that help them prepare for future growth, drive application performance and improve operational efficiency,” said Ashley Gorakhpurwalla, vice president and general manager, Dell Server Solutions. “Dell has been helping customers in this space achieve their goals for decades and our new entry-level PowerEdge servers have the performance, expandability and flexibility to help them do business even more efficiently.”
Availability and Additional Information:
- Dell PowerEdge T130, T330, R230 and R330 are available worldwide today.
- For Dell OEM customers, PowerEdge 13th Generation platforms deliver state-of-the-art technology with OEM-customer inspired features delivering greater flexibility, choice, and scalability while being lifecycle optimized and transition-friendly. Find out more by visiting www.dell.com/oem.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Intel is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel in the US and some other countries
(1) Dell-commissioned research: Penn, Schoen & Berland Research of IT Decision makers at small businesses (with 10 to 99 employees) in the United States and United Kingdom.
(2) Based on a Dell-commissioned report by Principled Technologies, June 2015, “Dell OpenManage Essentials: Improve Efficiency with Fewer Tools, More Benefits.”
(3) Based on June 2015 Dell internal analysis of memory capacity compared to previous generation product with DDR3 memory.
(4) Placeholder for footnote.
(5) Based on June 2015 Dell internal analysis of IOPS compared to previous generation products with PERC8 RAID controller.